1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who are the Tribulation Saints?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by ddavis, Oct 19, 2001.

1. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dr. Bob Griffin:
    In answer to your request, here is my summary:

In the Tribulation there will be 12,000 jews from each tribe saved and called evangelists. There will be a great host of gentile believers as well. Most will die or be martyred during the tribulation.

NO ONE who has heard the Gospel and rejected it and enters the Tribulation will be able to be saved. They "have not believed" so they "will be" condemned sets a good timetable.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, you started more questions----sorry! I used to have a preacher who taught exactly your beliefs regarding that people could not be saved AFTER the rapture took place. Where do you get the scripture for that (specifically) and where do the great number of "saved" gentiles come from. I understand the 12,000 sealed (missionaries or whatever from the Jewish tribes), but do not understand their reason for being here if it is not to give people a chance to be saved "Jews or Gentiles"? Can you help me with your ideas on this subject? THX again!
    Oh, I Lahaye wrong when he has several of his characters become Christians after the trib starts? I am very sick right now and maybe between my medicine and brain feeling like a cantalope I just don't get it.

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Phillip:
    What is your belief on children during the millinium period. When will the great judgment be, before or after the millinium? In other words, will non-Christians be on earth during this time and if so can they sin without the influence of Satan who is tied up for 1000 years? Also, what about children born during this period. Do they require salvation the same way we do?

Where do you get the scripture for that (specifically) and where do the great number of "saved" gentiles come from.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Great questions, Phillip! Let's see if I can come up with answers to match!

1. In the millenium there will be Jesus and US (His bride, raptured, changed into spiritual bodies, unable to reproduce). There will be a few folks left from the Tribulation, even though 97% of the world population will perish in that 7 years. Still a few million. Some of them will be saved and some unsaved.

2. These millenial humans will have children and again, some will be saved and some unsaved. How do they get saved? Same way everyone since Adam has! Grace of God that gives us the faith and repentance needed. 100% of God, not any work involved.

3. All will be relatively cool in the Millenium. Jesus will rule out of Jerusalem with a "rod of iron", not tolerating any rebellion to His kingdom. Does NOT mean all will be saved; means all will "behave"!!

4. At the end of the 1000 years, Satan will be loosed for 2-3 months, deceiving the unsaved among the now-billions of humans on earth (do the math; if 97% killed, still leaves 200 million! for 1000 years . . well, we're talking lots of time to have kids grow and they have kids)

5. God will destroy these rebels and melt by fusion the elements of planet earth, turning it all into energy.

6. Great White Throne judgment of all unsaved in that final rebellion, from all eras (death and hades will surrender their dead) and all cast into lake of fire forever

7. God will recreate from that energy a New Heaven and New Earth, and offer His Kingdom to His Father as an eternal Kingdom

8. And we live happily ever after.

ps. As to the text showing many folks saved in the Tribulation but NOT those who have previously rejected the Gospel . . .

II Thess 2:4ff
    Rev. 7:9ff

Hope this adds more fuel to the fire!

3. Joey M

Joey M New Member

Dr. Bob,
    Not that my opinion really matters, but I agree with that 100%. [​IMG]

[ November 03, 2001: Message edited by: Joey M ]

4. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Thank you Dr. Griffin, I understand most all of it and agree, I am still going to look up the scriptures you gave me just because I'm trying to get all of this straight in my brain so I can discuss it with someone on (well at least mediocre) some level.

Thank you for taking your time to answer. It is greatly appreciated. I think we are pretty much on a 100% wave-length I have just had trouble with whether or not people could be saved during the rapture.

God Bless and have a great LORD's Day.
    :D Are you a preacher or scholar -- either way I will be praying for you and your work.

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Phillip:
    Thank you for taking your time to answer. It is greatly appreciated. Are you a preacher or scholar -- either way I will be praying for you and your work.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I have been both a pastor (20+ years in 3 historic fundamental Baptist churches) and an ifb college dean/professor. Because of nearly 2 years of illness which is finally being remedied, I have been able to spend a lot of time on the 'net, answering questions, sharing thoughts and ministering on a part-time basis.

I appreciate your prayers. I am President of the Wyoming Fellowship of Baptist Churches, so get out to preach about 1/2 the Sundays + holding special meetings, seminars, etc. Have one more battery of tests in the hospital and hopefully will be on the upward road.

6. ddavis

ddavis New Member

HEY, this is good stuff. Thank Dr. Bob.

7. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I sensed that you had a lot of experience dealing with people who wish to learn. I have really appreciated your posts regarding the end-times (and other subjects) and wanted to make that known publically.

My family and I will also add your health to our prayers that you may get a good report and that God may comfort you. This reminds me very much of my pastor who had Leukemia and through a series of coincidences (miracles--I believe) got to test a brand new drug which has put him in complete remission. We are still praying that the drug continues to work. We are Southern Baptist, but very old fashioned in our beliefs. I'm sorry for going so far off thread here, but thank you for your help in understanding the last days, it has been invaluable. God bless you!