1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who are the Wolves in Mt 7:15?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Apr 13, 2012.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NIV says they are ferocious wolves, & ESV says they are ravenous wolves. Regardless they are dangerous. It seems that different commentators have different views on the identity of these beasts. Hank Hanegraaf says that they are those in the WOF/Third Wave movement. He tells you all about them in some of his books. John MacArthur in some of his books says that they are those in the PostModern & Emergent Church movement. But I bet he would also include those in the faith movement if asked. However the Truth War book just talked about the Emerging Church movement. David Jeremiah in one of his earlier books says that these wolves are far sneaker, and are those in the New Spirituality, which concepts are taught not only in church but in school, at work, etc.. New Age and positive esteem programs are teachings of these wolves, and these wolves have infected far more than what MacArthur or Hanegraaf had envisioned.

I am reading Invasion of Other Gods which is a great book and currently am on the chapter speaking about the public school system and how these wolves are getting into the teachings there. I was a student in the 80's and 90's and remember some of the new age teachings mentioned in the book. How blind I was!!! The wolves may be at work as well in their self-help success seminars, new thought seminars, etc..

John

#1 evangelist6589, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2012
  2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

The ravenous wolves are false teachers who teach anything contrary to the word of God. They are even in the Baptist church. :eek:

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
    17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to councils, and in their synagogues they will scourge you; Mt 10

They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the hour cometh, that whosoever killeth you shall think that he offereth service unto God. Jn 16:2

And when they bring you before the synagogues, and the rulers, and the authorities, be not anxious how or what ye shall answer, or what ye shall say: Lk 12:11

But before all these things, they shall lay their hands on you, and shall persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons, bringing you before kings and governors for my name`s sake. Lk 21:12