1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Who are those ALL God has Mercy On ?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by savedbymercy, Jul 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Obtaining Mercy !

Remember when Paul wrote these words to Timothy 1 Tim 1:13

13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

I did it ignorantly in unbelief ! That Paul obtained Mercy doesnt mean he was offered it and he decided to accept it with his own freewill, but it means it was bestowed upon him Sovereignly, as he was one of the Vessels of Mercy he writes of here Rom 9:23

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Also when Paul was writing to the Gentile converts of the Gospel in Rome he stated in Rom 11:30

30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:

In both places obtaining mercy is in the passive voice, they were made recipients of mercy or made to experience mercy !

Peter writing believers here writes 1 Pet 2:10

10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

They obtained that is why they were now believers ! God has Mercy upon the Elect Vessels of Mercy because of their unbelief !

God imprisoned the Elect Vessels of Mercy in unbelief, so that He could demonstrate upon them His Mercy Rom 11:32

31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

God doesnt condemn the Elect Vessels of Mercy for unbelief, but has Mercy upon them so that they believe !

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'll give you another chance...

"For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." 1Co 6:20

"Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men." 1Co 7:23

Now you give answer. What are these two verses speaking of if not the blood of Christ?

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

You are not giving me another chance! Back to the original question, does 2Peter 2:1 says they were bought with the blood of Christ? Yes or No?

4. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What else is anyone bought with?

Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.[1 Cor. 6:18-20]

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 Peter 2:1 says they were bought; what paid the price if not Christ's blood?

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Does it say they were bought with Christ's Blood ? Yes or No ?

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The question is not about 1 Cor 6:18-20, I am asking about 2 Pet 2:1, does it say that they were bought with the Blood of Christ ? A simple yes or no will do !

Vans comment was based on 2 Pet 2:1, go back and read it !

8. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No. We are not starting over. You already laid out your argument and so far I have the last word and you find yourself in check unable to answer. No that's really being a teacher of God's Word now isn't it?

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It says they were bought. If not by Christ's blood, then what? It's a simple question.

10. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

I'm good, you have failed to show that 2Peter 2:1 says that they were bought by the blood of Christ! Other than that, I'm continuing on with the OP ! In the future try supporting what scriptures state and not what people read into them and force them to say without scripture warrant!

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If not by the blood of Christ, then what?

12. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Thats something you need to study ! Have you studied that portion of scripture ? Thats not my job, i never brought it up, my point is, does it say they were bought with the blood of Christ ? Yes or No !

13. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you don't know the answer?

14. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The answer I have is, does the verse say that they were bought with the blood of Christ ? Yes or No !

15. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you're gonna be stubborn about it, you could at least admit that you don't know the answer.

BTW: The answer is yes.

16. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ok, if it is not the blood these verses is speaking of, then what is it saying they were bought with?

"For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." 1Co 6:20

You want to be a respected teacher of the Word? Then teach us? What are these verses speaking of if not the blood of Christ?

17. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Did 2Peter 2:1 say they were bought with the blood of Christ? Yes or No?

18. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Already answered you on page 6.

It's your turn.....

If it is not the blood these verses is speaking of, then what is it saying they were bought with?

You want to be a respected teacher of the Word? Then teach us? What are these verses speaking of if not the blood of Christ?

Everyone is watching to see if you have even the most basic understanding of what the scriptures mean by being bought by God.....

If you cannot understand how one is bought by God, then no one is going to consider anything you have to say about any other scripture.

19. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Was your answer yes or no?

20. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    LOL!!! Go look.

What is your answer to the scriptures I gave you which also speak of being bought? What is the price the scripture is speaking of? Is it the blood of Christ? Yes or No?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.