1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who are we as a Gentile

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by psalms109:31, Jul 7, 2006.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Abraham

The scripture speaks clearly of Jesus comming from the beginning and yes abraham was looking forward to the day of Jesus.

He was looking for the one who would crush the head of the serpeant.

He knew the Son was comming as he placed his own son on the altar, is also a symbol of the one to come that is even greater than his own son and greater than the animal caught in the thicket.

David knew it when his own son payed the penalty of his sins. It is another symbol of the one comming that is greater.

Job was looking forward to His day.

Job 9:
    30 Even if I washed myself with soap [ Or snow]
    and my hands with washing soda,

31 you would plunge me into a slime pit
    so that even my clothes would detest me.

32 "He is not a man like me that I might answer him,
    that we might confront each other in court.

33 If only there were someone to arbitrate between us,
    to lay his hand upon us both,

34 someone to remove God's rod from me,
    so that his terror would frighten me no more.

35 Then I would speak up without fear of him,
    but as it now stands with me, I cannot.

Job 16:
    18 "O earth, do not cover my blood;
    may my cry never be laid to rest!

19 Even now my witness is in heaven;
    my advocate is on high.

20 My intercessor is my friend
    as my eyes pour out tears to God;

21 on behalf of a man he pleads with God
    as a man pleads for his friend.

Abraham believed God and was credited to him as righteousness and he also was looking forward to the one who would crush the serpents head.

2. PrimePower7

PrimePower7 New Member

Thanks

And also with you. Some people post just to post...not to earnestly contend. I don't mean this to manipulate or pass sideways comments along, I have zero confidence in anyone that is so busy answering they don't have time to listen.

3. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Maybe if there was something that was said that was worth stopping and listening to it might be a different story :thumbs:

Statements like the one above may make you look good in the eyes of some, but it's just a statement full of fluff and no substance.

4. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

I would be interested in seeing how dispensationalism is such a dangerous heresy. No one has shown it yet. I'm all ears. Someone enlighten me to the dangers.

5. PrimePower7

PrimePower7 New Member

OOOO<I get it!

Jump, I got it! After reading your website doctrinal statement, it is abundantly clear to me why you are so staunch concerning your view (that means you are answering without listening). You would have to change alot of doctrine on your Joey-Faust style eschatology section marked "Things to Come" if saved Jews and saved Gentiles in the church are not the same spiritual Israel under Christ! It's all so clear! My goodness! Thank you!

See, if I am not a part of true Israel according to the kagillion verses myself and others have shared on this thread, then it is possible that I could miss the kingdom by not living right. What a crock! you are sacrificing Bible truth for some wingdinged doctrine that separates this child of Abraham from the Abrahamic covenants fulfilled in Christ! O, I will remember your name, your ministry and your website for future reference. Thanks, man!

6. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

And you are not staunch concerning your view (which means you are answering without listening). It's funny how it's always the other guy that's not listening, but you are all ears, eh. Sure you are.

Yes the Bible makes it QUITE clear that the above statement is Truth! Just because you don't see or what to ignore it doesn't make it false!

So I should drop all my beliefs and believe the way primepower believes because he said my views are a crock? Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. Show me in Scripture where the Bible says that all Christians are a part of the bride and that all Christians will rule and reign with Christ.

Show me where the church land is that they we were promised, becuase it certainly can't be Texas :)

Show me how the Father can be married to Israel and yet Christ is going to marry Israel and how that meshes with the book of Ruth.

It's funny that I'm the only one that has to answer tough questions, but people are just supposed to believe you because you say so.

#46 J. Jump, Jul 11, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2006
  7. PrimePower7

PrimePower7 New Member

Jump: "So me in Scripture where the Bible says that all Christians are a part of the bride and that all Christians will rule and reign with Christ."

Sorry, don't follow ya. "So me"

"Show me how the Father can be married to Israel and yet Christ is going to marry Israel and how that meshes with the book of Ruth."

Still caught up on your typology-proven doctrine, hey? That's ok. Take two of them and call yourself in the morning.:sleeping_2:

"It's funny that I'm the only one that has to answer tough questions, but people are just supposed to believe you because you say so."

I know, it's hilarious!:laugh: Don't you love these icons? You sound a little like you a wearied by arguments. Man, if you are that bothered by me, shut me off. I have the ability, apparently, to bother Jason Jump and he answers me because, for some reason, at 8:19 in the morning, he's camped out on his computer!:laugh: Man! Eat some cereal and relax.

8. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

I can't deal with substantive issues, so I'll point out spelling mistakes. Yeah you caught me. I'm not a perfect :type: so shoot me.

That's the way God wrote the Bible, so that's the way I study it. Do you think these things are just mere coincidences? How could there be some many that say the same thing? Boy that's just odd.

Are you kidding me. You haven't even given any.

Visiting with you is not what bothers me about you and people like you. What bothers me is when you can't prove your point with Scripture you start name calling, or pointing out spelling errors or use some other kind of lame diversion instead of just dealing with the subject. And then you act like it's all the other person's fault because they don't understand.

You take the same path that Democrats take, becuase they can't prove their points either. They can just call names and point out how other people are wrong, but they don't have any real substanitive stuff of their own and so they just play games.

And unfortunately TONS of people are caught up in their games, just like a lot of believers get caught up in the games and never really get to the truth.

That's what bothers me.

Again you don't bother me. I own an internet-based business, so I'm camped out at my computer every day. Please don't act like you know me.

9. PrimePower7

PrimePower7 New Member

"You take the same path that Democrats take,"

Whoo! Good thing I'm Libertarian.

James, Please try to get rid of the martyr syndrome. I am not sidewinding the issue. I am having fun. The reason I am not talking about the Scriptures you have given me is because I don't find them "proJump". There is no way, apparently, that we will agree on your "God is a polygamist" nonsense. So, do me the favor of just "bearing with me a little in my folly". (That was written, by the way, by the guy who said I was a child of Abraham).

Thanks

It's 6:40 PM here.

OUT

10. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Obviously your memory isn't very good, becuse you've already forgotten my name, but I've been called worse trust me!

I know you're having fun. People that can't deal with issues, make jokes. We all know what you're doing. And it's okay I suppose. It gives a light moment to everyone.

Boy I couldn't have said it myself. God is not a polygamist and that's why your view doesn't make any sense.

Not one time have I disagreed that you or I or any saved person is a child of Abraham. Actually I have said exactly what you have said. Not only are we children of Abraham, but we HAVE to be children of Abraham or God's Word is a lie.

Well then obviously you are not in North Carolina as your location says :)

11. PrimePower7

PrimePower7 New Member

Obviously I am not in NC. Thanks for the update. :laugh: I hope you can overlook it. Pull out a world atlas and figure it out, brother! :thumbs: I do LIVE in Fayetteville, NC

Jason, I like you. I hope we can find common ground on other stuff. Incidentally, I am studying the "kingdom" issue objectively. Pray for me to be guided by the Holy Spirit in my study.

12. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

I trust you are a man of your word and so I do pray God's blessings upon your study. The hardest thing that we have to do as Christians in search of God's Truth is empty ourselves of any and all preconceived notions. If we will do that then He will teach us His Truth!

13. npetreley

npetreley New Member

PrimePower7,

I've seen so much nonsense on these boards which ignore the Bible verses you quoted. I gave up on arguing with someone in another thread on a related issue, where he claimed that the Gentiles weren't among the elect from before the creation of the world. The verses you chose should be a slam-dunk on that issue, except that (as you observed) people retreat into their own philosophies when challenged.

Anyway, I've been enjoying your posts.

14. PrimePower7

PrimePower7 New Member

Thank you

Sometimes, when you engage, you try to keep a light heart for fear that you are seen as an angry trouble maker. Thanks for the nice comment and I look forward to time together on these threads.

I see you are from Texas. My brother and his family are in Dallas.:thumbs:

15. psalms109:31

Elect

Where are gentiles in the elect of God.

We have the Jews that were elected and called to be His people.

We also see those who have been cut out for unbelief.

Then the Gentiles are included with the elect when they hear the Gospel of our salvation having believed.

So the new Israel is believers.

So our hope is in Jesus, because even the elect of God have been cut out for unbelief.

If we keep our eyes on Jesus and endure to the end we shall be saved.

Finish the race, do not let men put you in the wrong direction. Trust in Jesus and He will direct your path.

There is a prise to win and it is the salvation of our soul

16. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

I will amen that!

17. psalms109:31

Our hope

We know why the Jews was cut out. Not because they were not chosen, because they were, but because of unbelief.

Bible verse
    We also praise God of this word.

bible verse
    We also know that Jesus came into His own and His didn't accept them.

Bible verse
    So Jesus disowned them, His own because they received Him not.

Bible verse
    We as gentiles were included with the believing Jews when we heard the Gosple of our salvation having believed.

Bible verse
    We should not forget this either being included with the believing Jews.

Bible verse