1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who are we?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by awaken, Mar 14, 2013.

1. awaken

awaken Active Member

We are saints in Christ by God's calling, we share in...
    Christ inheritance (Rom.8:16,17).
    We identifiy with Christ through His death (Rom. 6:3,6; Galatians 2:20; Colossians 3:1-3).
    His burial (Rom. 6:4), In His resurrection (Rom. 6:5,8,11).
    In His ascension (Ephesians 2:6),
    In His life (Romans 6:10,11),
    In His power (Eph. 1:19,20),
    and in His inheritance (Rom. 8:16,17; Ephesians 1:11,12).

Just because we are born inot God's holy nation by faith in Christ!

So what else does the Bible say about who we are?

2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "The Bible says that we’ve been adopted, accepted, anointed and appointed. We have authority as born-again believers. We’re baptized, blessed, blameless and blood-bought. We’re the children of God. We’ve been called the chosen, as citizens of the household of faith. We’re dedicated disciples, delivered and determined. We’re the elect of God. We’ve been encouraged, and endued with power from on high. We’re examples and epistles known and read of all men. We’re evangelists and eyewitnesses of the mercy and grace of God. We’re faithful, we’re forgiven and we’re free. We’re the godly. We’re full of good works. We’re heirs of God. We’re innocent. We’re jewels. We’re justified. We’re kings and priests unto God. We’re ministers. We’re messengers. We’re laborers. We’re the loved. We’re ordained overcomers and obedient overseers of the church of the living God. We’re partakers. We’re peacemakers. We’re pillars, patient and pure. We’re praisers and we’re possessors of the promise. We’ve been redeemed. We’re ransomed. We’re the righteousness of God. We’re the salt of the earth. We’re sheep of His pasture. We’re sons and daughters. We’re the sanctuary of the Holy Spirit. We’re the temple of the Holy Ghost. We are workers, we are watchmen and we are witnesses. We are the workmanship of Almighty God. We are King’s kids, hallelujah!" —Lori Bird

3. awaken

awaken Active Member

Wow! Don't think you left too many out!
    So what does each one mean in detail?
    Everyone of the characteristics mentioned, and more, are true of us! We can not do anything to make them more true. We can however, make thses traits more meaningful and productive in our lives by simply choosing to believe what God has said about us. This is not prideful in proclaiming who we are in Christ...but if we do not believe what He says about us...we could live a defeated life!

4. awaken

awaken Active Member

I find that the more I reaffirm who I am in Chirst, the more my behavior will begin to reflect my true identity.

Many Christians live under half a gospel or less! They have heard that Jesus is the Messiah who came to die for their sins, and if they pray to recieve Christ, they will go to heaven when they die and their sins will be forgiven. Is this the whole gospel or is there more?

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    what did paul say the WHOLE Gospel was? Hint, it was/is the birth/death/resurrection of jesus for our sins to be forgiven, to received eternal life, and to have a relationship with God....

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hope you do not lead into :you have a pinto faith, while I have a rolls royce one!"

7. awaken

awaken Active Member

What makes you say that?

Let me ask you a question...
    If you came across a dead man and you had the power to save him, what would you do? Give him life?

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    he would have to die, as I cannot give him life, ONLY God can do that, and ONLY if He chooses to do that!

9. awaken

awaken Active Member

It was a scenario question! IF you had the power what would you do?

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How does that relate at all to your OP?

NONE here that are really saved hold to a "half Gospel", there is no "half/full" Gospel, only real one!