1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who are you?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Old Union Brother, Dec 17, 2010.

1. SRBooe

SRBooe New Member

Perhaps, if I am getting "all fired up," it is because someone has hung labels on me like "uneducated" and "slothful."

However, unless you have paid close attention to all the posts, you may not be aware of that.

I've already told you that I am sorry for misreading your post. I hope I was clear when I did that.

2. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

We're good... And I can well understand how easy it is to get fired up about posts on this board. We can get carried away at times and forget that we are brothers and sisters in the Lord, called first to love each other with the agape love of Christ before we argue our respective positions.

About the label thing -- I have as much problem with labels as anyone, because what should be worn as a badge of honor becomes a pejorative when others use that label as a bludgeon against us. But, that being said, I figure that we should all at least know where we stand and be ready to stand there. That doesn't mean that we have to try to knock the legs out from under someone else, but in a positive sense, we can and should defend Scriptural doctrines. In the end, if done correctly, we probably should be making statements along the lines of, "Have you considered this Scriptural point..." instead of, "You are wrong..."

3. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

I am what I am by the Grace of God. How wonderful he surely is. Being called a Christian is easy to be called. But to live like a Christian is not so easy. We all know we cannot do anything without God and to live this life without him is unthinkable to me. Surely we have full filled the law if we truely love one another from the heart. It can only be done when we truely have Christ Jesus living in us. The inward man! To be in peace with God and all man kind is my humble pray.

4. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm a born again Christian. This should explain it all but it doesn't. This is also claimed by many although that doesn't make it so. What does? It's His righteousness I wear, not my own.
    MB

5. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

30 Years of Age

Middle School Special Education Teacher

High School Baseball Coach

Southern Baptist

Youth Minister

Deserve to be Burning in Hell

Love Studying Theology

Not Legalistic When it Comes to Things Like Bible Versions, Christian Music, Clothing, etc...

Not "Reformed" Yet, but I Believe There is More to it Than Free Will.

Just Blessed!!!!!!

#65 Nicholas25, Dec 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2010
  6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And well on your way to being reformed, my brother.

7. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Right. EXACTLY where I was a few years ago!

8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Love Your Response

You are always quick with the most correct response.

My project will be out in March, and I'll send you a signed copy, because I used your quote in it, and I'm sure you'll enjoy sharing it with your family abd friends.

Happy New Year. :godisgood:

We are both sinners saved saved by His marvelous grace, and as Paul said, I am the least of those . . thus, I appreciate what He's done for me on the cross so much more than to be called by a denominational tag!

I have a relationship, not a religion, as I'm sure you agree!

Pastor Paul

9. luke1616

luke1616 New Member

A son of God, righteous in His eyes.:jesus:

10. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Or possibly a molinist.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

11. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

1Co 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
    1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
    1Co 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
    1Co 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
    1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
    1Co 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
    1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
    1Co 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
    1Co 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
    1Co 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
    1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
    1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
    1Co 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
    1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
    1Co 1:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.