1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who are your favorite Pro Wrestlers past or present

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by BigBossman, Jan 20, 2009.

1. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know the topic was sports. Some people don't consider wrestling a sport. However, while not everyone likes wrestling & being that it is rehearsed, it is still athletic. Part of it is knowing how to take moves, fall down, & getting a reaction (good or bad) from the fans.

I have been a wrestling fan for over 20 years, since the of age 10. During that time, I have always found the heel wrestlers to be the most entertaining. For those that are not familiar with wrestling terms, a heel is a "bad guy". Fans generally love to hate heels. The opposite of a heel is a face (sometimes called babyface). Fans generally cheer for faces. Faces are "good guys" because they appeal to the crowd & play by the rules.

Wrestling has gone through a lot of changes since then too. When I started watching, it was more family oriented. As time went on it evolved into something you couldn't bring kids to. Even though it isn't what it used to be, it has been toned down a descent bit.

Here are some of my favorite wrestlers of all time:

1. The Big Bossman - This is who my username is named after. He is also pictured in my avatar. He was known for using handcuffs & a nightstick to win his matches.

2. "Bad News" Brown - He is what I call the "Stone Cold" Steve Austin of the 80's. He just didn't have the dirty mouth that Austin has. He was billed from Harlem, NY. His finisher move was called the Ghetto Blaster, which was a flip kick to the back of the head. It was impressive seeing him deliver it too.

3. Repo Man - His promos were funny becuase he would actually be seen stealing people's cars. He wore a mask over his eyes like a typical bandit would. He was also known for carrying a tow rope to the ring.

4. "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase - He was your typical millionaire that would always use his money to buy things, buy people, or buy his way out of trouble. He would always use the Million Dollar Dream (a sleeper hold) to finish his opponent off. Then he would usually take a $100 bill & cram it down his opponent's throat.

5. Jake "The Snake" Roberts - I just thought it was cool how his opponents acted like they were deathly afraid of snakes.

6. The Honkytonk Man - He was a wrestling Elvis Presley impersonator. He'd always bring his guitar to the ring & has been known to use it on his opponents from time to time. He has the longest Intercontinental Championship reign ever (64 weeks). His finishing move was called the Shake Rattle & Roll (a swinging neck breaker).

#1 BigBossman, Jan 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2009
  2. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

The Nature Boy, Ric Flair and Bret the Hitman Hart.

I loved wrestling as a kid before I got into sports. I also like Smoky Mountain Wrestling here in the South.

3. ray Marshall

ray Marshall New Member

Ricky steamboat and jay youngblood, Johnny Valentine in his hay day around 1960-70, Mark lewin & don Curtis. Sting when he was sting w/out the black-white face. Red and Lou Bastine brothers. and some others I can't remember their names The Stiner brothers.

4. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

As a kid I remember liking the Von Erich family.

How most of them died is sad though

5. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems like the Von Erich family has always met a tragic end, especially "The Texas Tornado" Kerry Von Erich.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wahoo McDaniel.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dusty Rhodes but that was the lat time I actually watched it.

8. puros_bran

puros_bran Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOD!!!!!! The Road Warriors. Animal & Hawk.

The Hitman was probably my fav single wrestler... either him or Ron Garvin.

9. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I haven't paid any attention to "professional wrestling" going back to the days when the big names were Fritz von Erich (not his sons), Black Jack Mulligan, Jose Lothario, Gary Hart and "The Brute" and "The Mauler." In fact, about the last events I remember from watching were when the masked "Spoiler," who had left Gary Hart's management, returned; and Hart lost some match-- or bet-- to Fritz von Erich, who 'cashed in' by shaving Hart's head :laugh: :laugh: .

10. pocadots1990

pocadots1990 Member

Looking back, I would probably say, Sting and Shawn Michaels.

11. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Jack and Jerry Brisco, The Masked Grappler (his real name escapes me), Hiro Matsudo, Dory Funk, Haystack Calhoon, Dusty Rohdes, Andre the Giant among just a few.

12. anthonyone

anthonyone New Member

Flair

I liked Bruno Sammartino and Super Star Billy Graham.Ric Flair to .

13. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I remember Sargent Sammy Davis and Tommy Rich from GA Championship wrestling back in the late 70's early 80's. Then there was a guy Mike something (Jackson??) who was a great technical wrestler on the WCW circuit. He never used his fists, he just beat guys with great moves.

#13 Mexdeaf, Feb 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2009
  14. pocadots1990

pocadots1990 Member

Two top tag teams:

Midnight Express and Rock n Roll Express

15. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

Mr. Wrestling #2, Dusty Rhodes, Abullah the Butcher