1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who Can We Have True Fellowship With.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by rodneyo777, Jun 15, 2015.

1. rodneyo777

rodneyo777 Member

Fellowship is not something you enter into because you choose to go to a bible study, a Friday night prayer meeting, or to a Sunday food sharing event in the backyard of the church.

In fact you may not be able to enter into this fellowship with the pastor of your church, or even most of the people who go to your church.

So how do you keep Paul's command to not forsake the gathering together of "YOURSELVES"?

Ponder that word "YOURSELVES"… Now think about the book of Acts… Who are these being addressed by Paul as "Yourselves?"

It has to be true Christians right? I mean it can't just be anyone and it can't be everyone or it negates the meaning of the word "Yourselves".

What do we know about fellowship? It's a spiritual event, it happens while we are in this human body, but it cannot happen apart from SPIRIT.

Paul's constantly admonishing people to SEE if they are in Christ, or IF that Spirit of Christ be IN YOU.

And Paul also says; "When it pleased God, to reveal, Christ "IN ME"…

Fellowship in the spirit only happens with TRUE believers…

Have you ever had a witness in your spirit?

Now I don't mean cheap TV preacher talk here. I mean a real event, where the spirit bore witness in you about an event or person.

Let me give you an example: One day I was crammed into a small room, with 50-100 guys, this room was maybe 20 feet x 20 feet, we are all standing shoulder to shoulder. I didn't know any of the men in this room.

All of a sudden I turn around and look across the room, and I see a man 20 feet away, at the end of the room, facing away from me. And I KNEW He was a Christian, a real believer, there was no doubt. I felt this STRONG inner witness about his identity.

But this is not the same as someone CLAIMING to be a Christian, or someone who was raised in church, or someone who agrees with all your doctrines, or someone who runs to the alter, or someone who reads their bible, or even someone who you call "my pastor".

Going to a building with lots of people inside, and calling it church is no different than going to a Safeway store full of people…UNLESS… Everyone there is a true believer, and the unbeliever is afraid to be in their midst.

Am I right or wrong, this is what I get from my bible as I think about what I've read during the day... I am basically bible illiterate so be patient with my ramblings please...

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We practice open communion -- all Christians welcomed.

The Catholic Church and some IFB groups practice closed communion -- maybe others as well.

3. rodneyo777

rodneyo777 Member

oh I agree be all things to all men and owe them nothing but love, still fellowship only happens between those who are baptized into Christs spirit right?