1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who Forged Obama's Certification of Live Birth

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Jul 21, 2008.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://web.israelinsider.com/Articles/Politics/12993.htm

Document forensics expert: Obama "birth certificate" a "horrible forgery"
    By Israel Insider staff July 20, 2008

Barack Obama may be on a world tour surrounded by a fawning media, but Sunday an expert in electronic document forensics released a detailed report on the purported birth certificate -- actually a "Certification of Live Birth" or COLB -- claimed as genuine by his campaign. The expert concludes with 100% certainty that it is a crudely forged fake: "a horribly forgery," according to the analysis published on the popular right-wing Atlas Shrugs blog.

The purported birth certificate was published by the left wing Daily Kos blog on June 12 in response to unconfirmed reports that Obama was not in fact born in the United States (Canada and Kenya were suggested as the possible locations of his actual birth). Since he would in that case not be a natural born US citizen (his mother was not present in the US sufficiently long as an adult to pass American citizenship on to him automatically), he would not be eligible to be president.

Israel Insider has followed the story in five previous articles (the previous one here) and uncovered evidence, most recently, of admitted forgery among Daily Kos bloggers, tolerance of electronic forgeries on the blog site, as well as efforts by a blog administrator to conceal the admission of forgery.

The latest examinaton of the purported documents is by far the most detailed and technically sophisticated to date.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When the speculation into Obama's birth status first surfaced, I dismissed it out of hand.

A forgery makes my antenna wiggle.

The obvious questions are who and why.

Maybe there are no "right" answers, but there has to be one, nevertheless.

#2 carpro, Jul 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2008
  3. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

This is the first I have seen of this, and on its face it just looks like some propagandistic attempt to create a smear. If Obama had not been born in the US, would not this have come out way back when he was running for the Illinois legislature and the presidency was not even contemplated? It seems most unlikely.

But this does raise another issue: why do we keep in the Constitution that particular clause? Is there really any reason why we should bar people from the presidency because of the accident of their birth, over which they had no control?

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My thoughts exactly.

So why the forgery?

5. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who Forged Obama's Certification of Live Birth

I didn't do it, teacher.

6. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is going to get really dirty in this campaign and Carpo will keep feeding us the dirt from the far Right Wing. Of course the far Right Wing has never had any problem with lies and unethical behavior.

I expect we will see quite a bit of dirt from the left also. I am going to look hard for the "None of the Above" in the voting machine.

7. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Crabby, I actually agree with you. Is it getting cold somewhere?

8. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Not to mention the U.S. Senate. Do we actually believe a non-U.S. citizen could be elected to the Senate?

9. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course, the liberal left is the bastion of truth and ethics. :laugh:

But this article is a stupidly transparent hatchet job.

10. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Better get a move on! It may take a while to find a job and a place to live and get registered in Nevada, for this!

Ed

11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    A Senator is not required to be a natural born citizen.

I do agree the POTUS shoud be natural born

12. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

The
    Constitution demands that the President be "natural born", I believe, in Art. II Section 1, Clause 5.

It has long been established that both Sens. Barack Obama and John McCain are 'natural born', and in fact, Sen. McCain was not born in any state, but a territory of the US. He is still "natural born"

This OP of this thread is a "cut and paste" job from an attempted smear of Sen. Obama, IMO. I have no high for the individual, and would not vote for him for President under any scenario I can think of.

That said, I still would not be a party to this attempted smear, either.

There is simply no reasonable reason to question the fact that Sen. Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961, regardless of the personal esteem, in which I do not hold him.

Ed

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to telling foreigners to stay out of our politics.

Here we have a foreign webloid trying to make a story out of nothing. Recently we were instructed with the merits of basing out voting on who the foreigners did not like. Does this mean that since Israeli Insider does no like Obama we should vote for him???

Excellent post BTW Ed, I concur totally.

14. donnA

donnA Active Member

it doesn't mean his real birth certificate is forged. Just this stupid thing going around the internet.

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So why would that bastion of liberalism, Daily KOS, use a forged certificate?

Was it their own forgery or was it a real copy of the one the Obama campaign sent out?

If KOS forged it, why?

I don't have the answers , but it's a lot of fun watching you guys avoid the question.

16. betterthanideserve

betterthanideserve New Member

[
    [/QUOTE]

Are you serious? accident of birth?He may have no control but even I had to produce a REAL birth certificate to enlist in the USAF and again when I received my endorsement to deliver hazardous materials.Yet you see no need for A real birth certificate?or don't understand why we need only naturally born citizens in goverment? Maybe to insure at least to some extend their allegiance to America?
    Even then I question most of the house and senates sincerity.
    Come on say YOUR KIDDING!

17. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

I certainly am not kidding. I did not say that I thought a non-citizen should be eligible. I did not even say that a naturalized citizen should be eligible, although that is something that could be discussed. I said that I thought the insistence on "natural-born" -- i.e., born within the territory of the United States -- was outmoded. Our laws stipulate that a child born to US citizens is a citizen; but if that birth takes place outside the US (suppose the parents are missionaries, for example), then s/he is ineligible because of the accident of birth.

If it is protection you are concerned about, then consider that a child born to non-citizens who happen to be in the US at the time of the birth is a citizen, whether his/her parents are or not, and could conceivably (pun fully intended) grow up under foreign influence elsewhere but still run for president.

One of the constitutional scholars on this Board can enlighten us, I am sure, about why that clause is in the constitution. I suspect it has to do with keeping out those who might have secretly wanted to return the US to the British crown. Not at issue any more.

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This is not true. When our son was born in Ireland in 1995 I checked into the entire process. He is a natural born citizen of the US and could serve as president.

SOURCE

#18 NaasPreacher (C4K), Jul 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2008