1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who gave them the authority to OMIT ?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Bro. Tim L. Bynum, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Orvie

Orvie New Member

If I were a KJVO- I would not want thee representing my position. :rolleyes: Where's willie when ya need him? or maybe I wouldn't want Orvie to represent the MV's! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Bro. Tim L. Bynum

Bro. Tim L. Bynum New Member

Ed...I can think of a few world Dictators
    that had that power...study that out.
    The Pastor is the only MAN that should have that power in regards to the bible...is Dr. Bob
    the Pastor here...B.B. is not the local body of
    believers.
    Orvie...I can`t hear you...your ignorance
    drowns you out .

Defender of The Old Path,Old Time Religion,
    and The Good Old King James Bible. [​IMG]

3. Orvie

Orvie New Member

Well, at least you can read my posts! [​IMG]

4. Orvie

Orvie New Member

With defenders like TB, the AV needs no enemies. :eek:

5. Bro. Tim L. Bynum

Bro. Tim L. Bynum New Member

Jer. 6:16...ask for the old paths,where is the good way,and walk therein,and ye shallfind rest for your souls ( B.B. KJB scoffers take notice
    at the rest of the verse ) But they said, We will
    not walk therein .
    I`ve found NO other verse that describes this
    New Age Version Crowd better that that one !
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I have a final authority in my life ... it is the word of God. I made no mention of the Catholics. That wasn't even teh question. You asked a question to which I gave a truthful answer. You didn't like it because you don't like the truth.

You didn't even answer my points because you don't have an answer. You know very well that I am telling the truth. You simply are too proud to admit that you are wrong and to bring yourself under the authority of God's word.

Then you resort to personal attacks. Why? Because you don't have answers. That is sad. It is hard to believe that you can hate the word of God as much as you do. It is said to see.

7. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WHICH VERSION of the TR do you have in mind? it was revised 3 times by Erasmus himself, and several times each by Stephanus and Beza.

BTW, which one of these TR versions is the correct one, and why?

8. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Originally posted by Bro. Tim L. Bynum:
    "Dr. Bob...that still doesn`t give anybody the authority to omit whole verses...and you know I`m telling the truth, Rev.22:18"

No, we don't. Rev.22:18 also contains an admonition not to ADD words also.

"You Hee Hawed and skirted the issue, who gave Wescott & Hort the authority and Zondervon the
    authority to print it as the complete cannon of God`s Word ."

It's found right after Bancroft 1:1, which reads, "Thou shalt consider only the King James Bible as the Bible; the King hath declared all other versions false."

9. Orvie

Orvie New Member

TB, Jer 6:16 doesn't apply to the KJV, it was written centuries before 1611! You sould go back to the "old paths" of the Originals, where the AV1611 came from [​IMG]

10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother Tim, I would be interested to hear your defense of the Good Old Apocrypha of the Good Old King James Bible, you know the 1611 First Edition which had a daily Scripture reading chart which included passages from the Apocrypha and chained vesrses from the NT to the Apocrypha as well as the OT.

HankD

11. Orvie

Orvie New Member

Hey QS! I have to delay my annoyance of you, because TB gives me overwhelming ammunition to seek to enlighten the Bishop of the N.P.V.S., boy should we amputate his head? [​IMG]

12. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

Bro Tim Bynum,

I can't help but wonder what those responses were - I guess they were not written in Christian decency since Dr. Bob had to edit them!

Man Bro do you just not get it? How should we believe that the Holy Spirit lives within you when all that comes out of your, your computer, is hateful belligerence - and full of erreant doctrine to boot. Or wait - I should say no doctrine! You're position is not even biblically consistent. Like I said - go talk to Will Kinney or Sam Gipp or SOMEBODY who has at least a partial clue. :confused: :confused: :confused:

13. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pride!! Most hate the idea of admitting they are wrong....... </font>[/QUOTE]No, that's a KJVO trait. The KJVO comes into the churches presenting a crazy man-made doctrine, clearly started in modern times by a SEVENTH DAY ADVENTIST, a doctrine for which he/she cannot produce one scintilla of sustaining evidence, a doctrine clearly and undeniably based upon a series of double standards, a doctrine for which, when its advocates are asked to show it came from God, can only try to change the subject, and a doctrine sent by the devil in order to cause dissent in the churches-and wonders why anyone with a lick of sense REJECTS their tripe. YOU, Anti-Alexandrian, are as GUILTY as any of your compadres of pushing a bag full of codwallop while failing to provide any proof for your myth. Until you folks can provide any SUPPORTING EVIDENCE for your KJVO myth, you're wasting your time-no one believes you. However, I won't hold my breath waiting for any evidence-I might become quite cyanotic...

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Brother Tim, I would be interested to hear your defense of the Good Old Apocrypha of the Good Old King James Bible, you know the 1611 First Edition which had a daily Scripture reading chart which included passages from the Apocrypha and chained vesrses from the NT to the Apocrypha as well as the OT.

HankD
    </font>[/QUOTE]Me too Bro Tim

15. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am saying that you can't claim a promise which was not made to you. The "signs to follow" followed those who were there and believing at that time. It was never intended to be applied to all believers since that time. The tenses indicate it was to them, not to us. </font>[/QUOTE]Those disciples were being sent to people who'd never heard of God whatsoever, so Jesus gave them signs to perform to prove they weren't representatives of just another cult, that THEIR God had REAL power. In His infinite wisdom, He gave them signs that no "magician" could imitate.

16. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Ed...I`m just one of those " common people "
    like those that heard Jesus gladly ( Mk. 12:37 )
    I can`t think of ONE TIME that Jesus spoke
    well of the scholars like you..."

Better read your KJV a little closer. Jesus took time to educate one of the top scholars in Jerusalem about Himself in John 3. That scholar was Nicodemus.

And He later paid a supernatural visit to one of the great scholars of the next generation-Saul of Tarsus, who later wrote much of the New Testament.

"Ps : Jack Hyles did more for the cause of Christ in one week than all of you ALSO-RANs
    have done in your whole life, You know who I think
    your working for, Don`t you !
    I smell a quote coming...you better be glad I
    can`t figure out how to do it."

DID he? Seems he spent most of his time promoting a myth.

17. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Doesn`t seem right that Dr. Bob can edit,
    control, and give his very BIASED commentaries,all
    at the same time . Do one or the other, not both
    you may have a job to do at B.B. but that doesn`t
    make you lord of this forum ."

Dr. Bob was made "lord' of this forum by the overall administrators of the whole site, who were chosen by those tho maintain the site and PAY THE BILLS to keep it on the 'net. You should've read the rules before joining, and if you disagreed, you should've just moved on. How much money are you paying to post here, other than the electric bill for what power your PC uses, plus the phone, cable, or DSL bill for your internet service. Does it cost you extra to read/post here? If not, you have no beef with the way the moderators oversee the board. I mean, this board was out there in Cyberland, and you chose, of your own free will, to join it.

"I can`t help but
    notice that "slurs" by those with YOUR views
    never get snipped, let thier blood be on your hands, I`ve told the truth ,they and you have
    rejected it.
    Your opinion of what is and what is not a slur
    appears to be BIASED as well ."

Directly calling another member a derogatory name has never been allowed here, and I don't allow it on any forum I moderate, either. Nor do the mods here allow calling anyone's FAITH into question. remember that before you say in Ruckmanesque manner that those who use Bibles other than the KJV are some sort of "christianette".

As for bias, please read the rules at the top of this forum and see if any of the posts by us kjvo-rejecters violate those rules. We often poke fun at or ridicule NON-MEMBERS who are authors or are well-known otherwise, with Ruckman and Riplinger at the top of the list-as the KJVOs ridicule White, Hudson, Kutilek, etc.

In defence of The Old Time Religion and The Perfect, Inherent Word of God, The Only Inspired
    English Bible...The King James Bible.

What exactly do you mean by "old time religion"?

And where is your proof that the KJV is the only inspired English Bible?

18. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pride!! Most hate the idea of admitting they are wrong....... </font>[/QUOTE]Show me the genuine biblical, historical, rational proof for KJVOnlyism that will stand up to the "proving all things" standard and I will change immediately. I have asked over and over in the most sincere, humble spirit I can muster. KJVO's either evade or get angry. Why? Why not discuss the reasons calmly and let the truth lead where it will?

I am not afraid of KJVOnlyism being true. What you believe would be a much easier path for me... the problem is that I will not accept something I recognize as doctrinal error for convenience sake.

19. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jer. 6:16...ask for the old paths,where is the good way,and walk therein,and ye shallfind rest for your souls ( B.B. KJB scoffers take notice
    at the rest of the verse ) But they said, We will
    not walk therein .
    I`ve found NO other verse that describes this
    New Age Version Crowd better that that one !

Try this one for certain KJVOs, from the KJV:

Proverbs 18:2 A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself.

20. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Life is not fair and that's God's choice. Some are poor and some are rich. Some are smart and some are not. Some have mechanical abilitiwes and some do not. But God has it all. We are to humble ourselves under the mighty hand of God. It is his hand and not ours. He is able to humble anyone He chooses.

No pastor overrides God.

No dictatator has ultimate power, only God does, and He doesn't ask for your vote or opinion.