1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who Is Jesus

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by John3v36, Nov 20, 2006.

1. John3v36

John3v36 New Member

Who Is Jesus?

Jesus once asked his disciples, "Who do you say that I am?" This is the most important question He could have asked them. He had spent much time with them and taught them many things. The time had come for them either to believe or to deny His teaching.

Who do you say Jesus is? This question is the most important one facing you as well. The answer to the question does not just affect your lifestyle or values, but your eternal destiny as well. Consider what the Bible says about Jesus.

Jesus Is God

When Jesus was on earth, there was confusion regarding His identity. Some thought He was a prophet. Others thought He was a madman. Many were indifferent as to who he might be. But Jesus said, "I and my Father are one." (John 10:30). That means He claimed to be God in human flesh.

Many people today don't understand that Jesus claimed to be God. They think of Him as a religious teacher--but even His enemies understood His claims. As a result of these claims they tried to stone Him to death (John 5:18; 10:33) and eventually had him crucified (John 19:7). The Bible consistently proclaims that Jesus is God in human flesh (John 1:1,14; Philippians 2:5-7)

Jesus Is Holy

God is perfectly holy (Isaiah 6:3); Therefore, He cannot commit or even approve of evil (James 1:13). As God, Jesus reflects every element of the divine character (Colossians 2:9). He is perfectly holy and without sin (2 Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 4:15). Even His enemies couldn't prove any accusation against Him (John 8:46). The Bible tells us that God requires holiness of us as well. 1
    Peter 1:16 says, "Be ye holy; for I am holy."

Jesus Is The Savior

The truth is that we fail to meet God's requirement of holiness. In fact, we cannot obey Him because we have neither the desire nor the ability. We are by nature rebellious towards God (Ephesians 2:1-3). The Bible calls our rebellion sin, and our sin places us under the wrath of God (John 3:36).

According to the Bible, everyone is guilty of sin: "for there is no man that sinneth not," (1 Kings 8:46). "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" (Romans 3:23). Man's sinfulness does not mean that all men always act as wickedly as they can. Many are involved in various religious and humanitarian activities. But even at our best, we are incapable of pleasing God. The Scriptures says, "all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags" (Isaiah 64:6). We all fail (Romans 3:10-12).

God's holiness demands that sin be punished by death: "For the wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23). This Judgment may seem harsh because to us some sins seem worse than others. However, the Bible teaches that acts of sin are the result of sinful thinking and desires (Mark 7:20-23). Changing our behavior won't solve our sin problems or eliminate the penalty. We need to change on the inside.

Only Jesus can provide the forgiveness and transformation that we need (Acts 4:12; 2 Corinthians 5:17). Because of His love and mercy and grace, God satisfied His justice by sending Jesus to be the Savior. He paid the penalty for sinners (1 Peter 3:18). Jesus' death satisfied God's requirement, thereby providing forgiveness and salvation to all those who place their faith in Christ (Romans 3:26; John 3:16). It must be stressed that only Jesus can provide this salvation. He is the only acceptable object of saving faith. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6). He did not claim to be one of several equally legitimate paths to God. He claimed to be the only way.

Jesus Is Lord

Modern science would have us believe that man is a product of evolution. The Bible, on the other hand, says we were created by God. The New Testament, in fact, reveals that Jesus Himself created everything (John 1:3; Colossions 1:16). Because he created all things, he is by right both ruler and Lord over all. As His created beings, we owe Him absolute allegiance, obedience and worship.

When Christ came to earth and died on the cross, he rose again. Jesus resurrection from the dead was the Father's affirmation of the deity and authority of the Son (Rom. 1:4; Acts 17:30-31) Romans 10:9 says, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." Obviously this belief and confession would be completely contrary to man's natural state of rebellion against God. Therefore, believing in Christ involves what the Bible calls repentance. Repentance means that we turn from our sinful rebellion against Christ and come to Him with attitude of humble submission.

Jesus is Judge

Jesus is the Savior. Jesus is Lord. Jesus also is the judge All who reject Him as Savior and Lord will face him as their Judge (Acts 17:30-31; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9).

Who Do You Say He Is?

The Bible says that Jesus is God, The Holy One, the only Savior, the supreme Lord, and the ultimate Judge.

Who do you say Jesus is? This question is in escapable . He alone paid the price to free sinners from the Power and penalty of sin. He alone can transform you and reconcile you to God. Will you repent and believe in Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord?

:jesus:

2. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

I think the stuff he just said are not things I go around thinking about that effect my walk with God, but they are more like things you would think about if you were trying to figure out if Jesus was really the Messiah or not.

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God the Son - who is the only begotten of the Father -- in whom the fullness of the godhead dwells bodily - who alone is our Savior and who lives now as our High Priest and Mediator in heaven.

He is "Christ the Creator" the one "WHO made the heavens and the earth the sea and all that is in them" for HE SPOKE and it was - at His command it stood fast. All things were made by him and for him - and He sustains all things (Col 1).

He is the 2nd person of the Godhead.

God in 3 persons - blessed Trinity.

This is the one who emptied himself - being born of a virgin - and also tempted in all points as we are -- YET without sin. He is the only one who did that - and He did it that He might save us from sin. He is the one that coming into the World "Enlightens every man" John 1. He is the one who said "I will draw ALL MANKIND unto Me" John 12:32. He is the one who said "I stand at the door and knock if ANYONE opens the door I WILL come in .. and fellowship".

In Christ,

Bob

#3 BobRyan, Nov 20, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2006
  4. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

Nice website, John3v36. Nice OP. :flower: