1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who is Jon M Jenkins?

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Go Hyles!!!, May 9, 2007.

1. Go Hyles!!!

Go Hyles!!! New Member

I've heard that he is a well saught after preacher. Anybody know anything about him?

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you the PR guy for these preachers you are asking about?

3. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jon is the nephew of my wife's pastor (Ralph Tingley in Lansing, MI), and has by the Lord's grace built a good work and a small but growing Bible college in a comparatively small town in northern Michigan (but not as far north as the UP). I've known him since he was a raw long-haired teen just catching on fire for the Lord, and preached for him years ago when he was just starting out and then a few years after that on another furlough.

Jon is a good man, and the Lord is the one Who lifts up men and ministries, so may God bless his ministry.

4. Go Hyles!!!

Go Hyles!!! New Member

Not even close, well, at least for Braemer. I just wanted to see what kind of reaction I'd get about him. Just checkin' out who I'm fellowshiping with. You all rock!

As for Dr. Jenkins, I kind of am a pr guy for him. I'm on the Men of Grace tour group from Grace Baptist College. My dad is the VP there. I was just curious if he was really as popular as I've heard. Hearing it is pretty awesome, as he is my preacher, but I don't necessarily believe everything I hear:)

5. Go Hyles!!!

Go Hyles!!! New Member

6. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jon was a sincere high school student when I got to know him, and then the first time I preached for him he was a young preacher on fire for the Lord who looked to make good. Sorry, I don't have any pictures of him that I know of from those days.

We got to know each other on a trip to Pastors' School probably in 1979. We rode in the van together with his Uncle, Pastor Ralph Tingley, and I think his Dad and a couple of others. I was a rookie missionary on deputation to Japan and he was probably a high school senior. On the way back I led a man to a profession of faith in Christ at a restaurant, so Jon asked me questions about soul-winning the rest of the way.

On our first furlough in 1986-1987 I preached for him in the first building they rented, an old church in Gaylord. As I recall, I was the first missionary ever to present his ministry at the church, but they had no money to support us. I think I preached at Grace Baptist on our next furlough, too, and dropped by the camp meeting on another furlough. This past furlough (two years ago) was shorter and busier, so we didn't get there.

If you get the chance tell him John R. Himes says hi. :wavey:

God bless.

7. j_barner2000

j_barner2000 Member

Hey glad to meet you. One of the guys from your school is coming to present on June 10, here at my church in the morning.