1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Who is responsible for this atrocity? Pastors or street evangelists?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Nov 26, 2016.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They're already lost, how can they be led astray?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guys this thread is ridiculous. The op accuses people of things he cannot know but based solely on what he sees in their internet website profile and somehow he also knows these people are not saved because they have said a prayer. These are things in which one cannot, under any circumstances, know about anyone based on an internet website profile. I have never seen a more ludicrous accusation or thread on this board before.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Wow. So because they didn't post something about Christ on a dating site profile, they are lost? Seriously? It's a profile on a dating website - not their entire life! "Never speak about Him publicly?" So you know these people in real life and see them at their jobs, their homes, their churches and you know this for a fact? Unless you do, get over it!

Once again, my advice to you is to do yourself a favor, get off the dating websites since you are committing adultery looking at other women and get right with God!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I honestly made a huge mistake ever giving out personal information on this site. All people ever do is shoot you in the foot.

5. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, it's right up there on the ludicrous scale. Although I thought the thread about the worthwhileness of cussing by Luke2427 is still #1.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    NO, it is not a mistake - your mistake is being unwilling to take Godly advice from many mature Christians.
    Evan - I know some of these posters personally, I have been to their homes, I talked to them on the phone -
    Now, these friends of mine - we agree on most issue, and of course - there are a few things we do disagree- but we have mutual respect for each other.
    But you have taken virtually NONE of the advice that has been given you; and then you complain about the outcome of your actions.

Now, on things such as Evangelism - you have your way - OK - with that I will claim Mark 9:38-40
    I will say this - you have said you will never be a teacher or a preacher - NEVER limit God.
    There are many stories of Christians where God has moved them on to new ministries.

I personally have a friend (was a member of our church in Wildflecken, Germany) After his Army discharge - he went to Bible College - then became a pastor in Louisville,KY. He had been there about 20 years - then the Lord called him to Papua, New Guinea. He has now been on the mission field some ten years now. I am sure that John Allen had no ideal what blessings that the Lord had for him when he first took that pastorate in KY.

So, Evan, I implore you to seek Godly advice - and then follow up on it.

Salty

#26 Salty, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  7. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Proverbs 27:6, 9 Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel.

8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Odd. I listen to JonC and Yeshua.

9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The rest of Salty's admonition: "and then follow up on it."

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John - you picked Trump for president. Trump has picked Nikki Haley for one of his cabinet positions. During his campaign, Nikki Haley was against Trump, a very out-spoken opponent of him. So why would Trump pick her for one of his cabinet positions?

Because even though she was against him, he recognizes that she has qualities that will be of use to his administration.

Abraham Lincoln had several administration positions that he filled with people who were against him even while he was president.

You listen to JonC and Yeshua because they say things the way YOU like to hear them. You may not like the way others here tell you things--but does that mean they're wrong?

Or are you just looking to have your ears tickled and your ego stroked?

A mature Christian MUST be willing to take the harsh with the "warm and fuzzy."

If it's not godly advice, then it doesn't matter if it makes you feel good. If it is godly, then it doesn't matter how bad it makes you feel. Jesus wasn't nicey-nice with His disciples all the time; and YOU have admitted that you're not Mr. Nice Guy with all the people you street preach to, because you believe they need to hear the truth.

Same here. Just because you don't like what's said, or the way it's said, doesn't mean it's not the truth.

Give it some thought and prayer.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmmmmmmm.... let me think

12. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think I am going to request support and or authority from the elders at my church regarding my street evangelism ministry even though they take a different position on evangelism philosophy than myself in friendship evangelism.

13. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What will you do if your church tells you they don't approve of your street preaching?

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would encourage them to watch the DVD "Go Stand and speak" as it defends open air preaching from church history, and the Bible. And then I would inform them that Paul Washer supports open air preaching as he has been on the Way of the Master Radio podcast, and is a featured speaker in the DVD "Go Stand and Speak." The church carries all his books in their bookstore.

15. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sometimes it is not what is said but how it is said, I agree (Galatians 6:1-3). Evan and I have often disagreed, sometimes not so nicely. In fact, we probably disagree on the topics we’ve discussed even more than we have agreed. But I do believe that there are some who enjoy “correcting” him rather harshly.

I think that people need to ask themselves a few questions. First, even if it is true does it need to be said? Second, if it does need to be said does it fall upon me, or is it within my scope of responsibility, to say it? And lastly, if it needs to be said and it is upon me to say it, how should it be said in order to effectively communicate that truth or opinion to the other person in Christian love, kindness, and gentleness? Sometimes I see myself abiding by those suggestions. Other times not so much and I don’t think that I’m alone.

I doubt that there is anyone here that did not know at the onset and with absolute certainty the direction that this thread would go. I think that some try to help while others enjoy the idea of inflicting pain through insult. It is not a matter of telling people what they want to hear, but one of telling people what they need to hear with the intention of actually building them up instead of tearing them down. Truth offered maliciously can be just as damaging as a pleasant lie.

16. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you will rebel against their counsel, argue with them, and just do whatever you want. Like you do here on BB.

• Like Like x 1
  17. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen!! Jon usually says things to me gentleness and respect and why he has my ear.

18. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My advice:

1. Get right with God and get right with your wife. Right now you are in open rebellion against God and failing to love, lead, provide for, and protect your wife. As your divorce was not on biblical grounds it is fraudulent. And by looking at dating sites you are lusting after other women. If you really believe in Lordship Salvation as much as you claim to you might also examine your salvation.

2. In reading your posts you mention Ray Comfort, Paul Washer, and others for more often than you mention the Lord Jesus Christ. That indicates to me you are a man follower and not a Christ follower. And because you are a man follower God has not blessed you, your family, your street preaching, or your life in general.

3. Time to get back to the basics. Read. Spend time in God's word. Pray. Commune with God one-on-one. Establish a personal relationship. Grow. Learn to listen to the godly advice of others. Submit to those who have been placed over you. Don't tell them what you are going to do and seek their blessing. Submit to them and do what they tell you to do. Pursue whatever work or ministry they ask you to do. Do it with all your heart. Then, and only then, will God's hand of blessing be on you, your life, and your service.

• Winner Winner x 3
  19. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lead them to hell #2? Hell #3? :rolleyes:

20. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist