1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who is Satan in this passage?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jarthur001, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon Member

Interesting. Let me see if I understand you correctly.

1. Satan used to be a great angel in heaven until he sinned and fell like lightning.
    2. Satan is confined to the realm of the earth but can still fly around really fast.
    3. During the great tribulation Satan will even lose his speedy flying powers after a battle in the sky, whereas the woman mentioned in Rev 12 (Israel?) will gain such powers of speedy flight so as to outmaneuver him.

Is this what you're saying?

2. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

1..yes,,this has been done
    2..More then just this. This is a guess on all of our parts, but my guess is that Satan had all the power, or nearly all the power that he had in the 3rd heaven, but now cannot enter the 3rd heavem
    3..kinda like that. I think satan is cast down to the earth in Rev, and is then confined to the earth. Even less power after the "war in heaven". But at the same time those on the earth will see more from satan, in that the Holy Spirit is removed along with the church. yes i know...another guess on my part. :)

Ok..what is your idea?

3. Allan

Allan Active Member

I agree with James here.
    The only thing I was contending is that Satan can/could still come before God if God commands or desires Him to.