1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who is the church for?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by pituophis, May 3, 2006.

1. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you are right, Brother Bob. And I too would love to have talked with him. Maybe in Heaven we'll be able to do that!

2. doulous

doulous New Member

Brother Bob,

Take a look at the following website on Charles Spurgeon.

Charles Spurgeon

Everything you wanted to know about the "prince of preachers" but was afraid to ask.

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Hi doulous;
    Don't think you have won me over because I respect one of yours. lol [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks doulous [​IMG]

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

We are not able to subscribe to the statement, though there is a truth in it, that in a certain sense he is "the Saviour of all men," but then it is added, "Specially of them that believe." At any rate, dear hearer, let me tell thee one thing that is certain. Whether atonement may be said to be particular or general, there are none who partake in its real efficacy but certain characters, and those characters are known by certain infallible

(You see what I mean, He was not near as hard as you fellows)!! no disrespect meant.

5. doulous

doulous New Member

Brother Bob, lest you develop an unrealistic view of Spurgeon, he had no love for Armianism. Here is a quote of his that is sure to ruffle some Arminian feathers:

And just in case the above quote is not convincing I offer additional Spurgeon proof:

Just want to make sure I set the record straight.
    ;)

6. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Bob, it was in reference to something that someone said about the church being a social club and not holding people accountable. (I think it was npetreley, but it's been several hours and I don't remember precisely.)