1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who is 'the dresser of his vineyard'?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, May 22, 2008.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Read Luke 13:1 to 9. I would like to hear from you people, this being such a 'prositive' subject! Thanks.

2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Surely this parable is of great value? No one interested?

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is long-suffering with us. Thank God that he is.

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

Now doubt, and praise his Name for being good and gracious.

Who, would you say, is the dresser of the vineyard, and why?

5. Samuel Owen

Samuel Owen New Member

The owner of the Vineyard, God the Father, the Vine Dresser, God the Son. The fig tree Israel. The object of the Parable, God is long-suffering, not willing that any should be lost. But there is a limit, for God will not strive with men always. We see the true result of that parable today in the Nation of Israel, and the proof that he is a patient God, but also a righteous God in his judgments.

The only way men can avoid this same judgment, is to accept the one whom God sent, his only begotten son Jesus Christ, in faith for your salvation.

6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thank you, Samuel Owen.

I attended a sermon a while ago, the 'pastor', walking to and fro, up and down from the pulpit, and all those gestures he seemed to have reckoned would add impetus to his diatribe long and tedious. He had nothing to tell but to foam threatenings and multiply commandments of men. He killed the whole parable. And I had to rebuke myself, No, do not judge the man, but see what you can get positive from his ranting, even in only your own heart, and suddenly God opened things wonderful to my mind, and I saw this parable in a completely new light! I was encouraged and refreshed.

The key to the change that took place, I found herein: The Son is the Keeper of the vine - as you have found too! Thank God!

But: Who is the owner of the vineyard? That makes a big difference, and maybe I should have called the thread, "Who is the owner of the vineyard?"

#6 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jun 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2008