1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Who owns the earth?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by blessedwife318, May 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

We see satan influenced David as the King, did God allow it sure He did.

1 Chronicles 21:1-3,
    1 "And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.
    2 And David said to Joab and to the rulers of the people, Go, number Israel from Beersheba even to Dan; and bring the number of them to me, that I may know it.
    3 And Joab answered, The Lord make his people an hundred times so many more as they be: but, my lord the king, are they not all my lord's servants? why then doth my lord require this thing? why will he be a cause of trespass to Israel?"

So you believe God is using ISIS to kill Christian, believers, that God is in control of their war on Christians, and that satan is not what is driving them?

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You answered nothing, just spouted more of the nonsense in the earlier posts this day. Your question implying the Word of Faith heresy is a book is very, very suspicious. You can't be that naive. Both blessedwife318 and I have indicated WoF as a movement, not a book.

3. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

From post #3 it begins:
    "God owns everything..."

Post #5 "... God owns everything..."

Post #12
    "We agree God never gave ownership to Adam He gave him dominion, control, Adam forfeited control to satan when He fell and satan is in control..."

Seems I answered in each of those post who owns the earth.

Again who wrote the book Word of Faith? I have never read it nor heard of it.

4. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Ownership from an eternal perspective would be God. He is Sovereign in all realities and actuality.

Ownership from a temporal perspective presents numerous people, such as Man in general in the beginning, who lost dominion through the Fall. Before the fall there would have not been the need for a question such as...

Job 41:1

King James Version (KJV)

41 Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down?

And there is no denying the dominion given unto Satan...

2 Corinthians 4:4

King James Version (KJV)

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

...which will be taken away...

Revelation 12:9-12

King James Version (KJV)

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

The "short time" means his dominion over the world system/s is running out.

God will reclaim dominion in full through Christ.

Satan suggests his dominion to Christ Himself:

Matthew 4:8-10

King James Version (KJV)

8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

While one might deny that Satan has dominion over the world system and systems, one cannot ignore the vast record of precisely that. That which is in opposition to the Kingdom of God is described in terms of empires and cities, Sodom, Egypt, Babylon...

And let's not forget that even Jerusalem itself is, in the throes of Satan's dominion, called...

Revelation 11:8

King James Version (KJV)

8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

This is but one of the aspect in regards to the redemption of the earth.

Only those who are regenerate have at this time entered the Kingdom of God which is the spiritual rule and reign among men who have...

Colossians 1:12-14

King James Version (KJV)

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

John states...

1 John 5:18-20

King James Version (KJV)

18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

So we have to distinguish from a temporal and an eternal perspective in regards to the question, and answer according to the relevant context.

God bless.

5. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is a covert insinuation that those who recognize that Satan has dominion embrace a word of faith (a radical charismatic group that teaches numerous heresies such as man becoming gods and speaking things into existence and if our faith is strong we will be rich) theology.

Interestingly enough, the OP herself became insulted when they were even brought up in a post. Odd that she would insinuate an opposing view of her own (which may have a false premise itself) is such. And perhaps odd is not the correct word, but I am trying to be nice.

;)

God bless.

6. OldRegular

You posted the following nonsense and you know full well that the Word of Faith is not a book. Your feigned innocence simply spurs more suspicion!

The confusion is that you say:

7. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

So who has control of the earth? If God then why hasn't He removed the curse? If like you say Christ Finished His work and all the earth was redeemed from the curse on the Earth should have been lifted. Man must make a concious decision to receive Christ or Reject, the earth has no such choice. If it is Redeemed already why are there still thorns and thistles, why are the animals still afraid of man?
    Who has dominion over the earth?

8. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God.
    Why do people still die after they are saved? Why do people still sin after they are saved?
    God.

9. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

No there you go and gom everything up with a properly exegeted bible verse....

That's not allowed on here...

Toe the line or else....

10. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

They still die because God hasn't seen fit to end the world until His plan is accomplished. People still sin after they are saved because they still have an old sin nature. But the point of the question was and still is why was the curse not lifted from the earth if it was redeemed? It has no old sin nature and yet if christ redeemed it then it would carry that since the earth cannot place its faith in Him and cannot ask for forgiveness then once He redeems it will revert back to Pre-fall stages.
    As we see in Isaiah 11:6-9
    6 "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. 7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. 8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den. 9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea."
    The Lord hasn't come into His kingdom and the earth has not been restored (redeemed) and it won't be until the tribulation occurs and the Kingdom is ushered in.

God owns the earth and can reform it anytime He wants to but He has reveled His plan. It is to build a church, a bride for the Son, and call that Bride home before He sends the Tribulation His judgments found in the scroll of redemption opened by His son in Heaven. Then and only then can the earth be restored (redeemed) to it pre-fall condition.

So back to my question that you deflected with others, why is the earth still under the curse if it has already been redeemed?

11. OldRegular

First from: {http://www.baptistboard.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2221749}

Then from Scripture, first the Old Testament:

Isaiah 66:1
    66:1. Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

Isaiah 9:6, 7
    6. For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
    7. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Zechariah 9:9, 10
    9. Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.
    10. And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen: and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from the river even to the ends of the earth.

And then in the New Testament we read:

Ephesians 1:15-23
    15. Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
    16. Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
    17. That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
    18. The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
    19. And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
    20. Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
    21. Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
    22. And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

23. Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Matthew 5:33-35
    33. Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:
    34. But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God’s throne:
    35. Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King

Acts 7:48, 49
    48. Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
    49. Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
    50. Hath not my hand made all these things?
    51. Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

12. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The following are very good responses.

And what do you do with those who have not been saved?

That is what is being misunderstood.

God will collect and the debt will settled for many in the Tribulation.

God's Sovereignty is completely irrelevant in regards to what is being discussed. No-one on here, I believe, questions the Sovereignty of God from an eternal perspective. What is in view is who has dominion over the earth from a temporal perspective, and whether the earth will be redeemed through the Tribulation.

It is exacting vengeance on those who currently reign, which includes Satan, and extracting them from the earth in judgment. The payment is going to be made by those individuals themselves, Christ's Sacrifice not being applied to them.

In that context, we can say that God was not Nebuchadnezzar, He was not Pharaoh, nor any of those rulers used to judge Israel. Because He used them does not equate Him to them or the dominion they had over the earth.

We have to distinguish between temporal and eternal to properly address the confusion of the OP.

You have not nullified the fact that it is the wickedness of men as well as Satan's power over them that is behind most slaughter.

Our spiritual battle is not even relevant to fact that warfare is often satanic.

And I think his point was simply to point out that which Paul points out.

So Assyria and Babylon are viewed as God's people?

Or not?

Not.

These nations carry the distinction of being seen as countries that are...godless. In the truest sense.

Babylon so much that her name is synonymous with wickedness.

This is by far the best response I've seen, yet it still fails to distinguish between the eternal and the temporal. Satan has no power in God's realm, but it is clear that he does in the physical universe.

While the Lord is indeed Sovereign, He has not at this time chosen to lay claim to that which is His:

Revelation 11:15

King James Version (KJV)

15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

The Tribulation will see the redemption of the earth and it will be restored to a Pre-Adamic state, meaning, the curse that was brought upon this world through the Fall in which Adam, Eve, and Satan all were a part of...will be lifted to some extent.

Revelation 12:9-10

King James Version (KJV)

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

In that day there will be a distinct difference between the way things are now, and how they will be under the rule of Christ:

Revelation 19:14-16

King James Version (KJV)

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.

God bless.

13. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

So by the link you sent you see the Kingdom, I thought you said we go straight into the New Heaven and New Earth, so have you changed your position?

But we see too

Hebrews 1:12-14,

12 "And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.
    13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
    14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?"

Hebrews 10:12-14,
    12 "But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
    13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
    14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified."

Sounds like He is still waiting for His enemies to be made His footstool.

the earth may be His footstool but according to this His enemies will be once they have been judged and that only happens in the Tribulation.

Now let's look at this phrase from Your Isaiah passage "the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom" When has this occured. He is not sitting on the Throne of David unless you think David was sitting in Heaven on a throne, and He will not only sit on the Throne of David but He will sit upon David's Throne in David's Kingdom.

So where was David's Kingdom, on Earth or in Heaven?

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This speaks of the actual physical reign of Jesus Christ on earth during the Millennial Kingdom. Take it in context. Go a couple verses down:

Isaiah 66:3 He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.
    --Neither happening now nor will happen in heaven nor in the new earth. The only place you may find "a dog's neck" will be in the Millennial Kingdom (likewise the possibility of swine).
    --There is a double fulfillment--(near and far)
    --A child is born a son is given--this happened at the birth of Christ.
    --And the government shall be upon his shoulder--This has not happened yet, and it won't until he rules on David's Throne from Jerusalem all the world.
    --He is not now the Prince of Peace but will be when he comes to rule in peace. It is satan that is the "prince of the power of this air."
    --another double fulfillment.
    The first verse (9) was already fulfilled on Palm Sunday; his triumphal entry into Jerusalem.
    --Verse 10 speaks of his dominion from sea to sea which has not taken place yet but will in the Millennial Kingdom. He will rule over all the earth.

That is where Christ is now, in heaven. It has nothing to do with his rule on earth.

Now that is really taken scripture out of its context!
    Christ is talking about the seriousness of taking a vow, which the Jews had a penchant for doing. He was telling them to let your yeah be yeah and your nay be nay, much as we would say: Let your handshake be your word.
    If you shake on it then no other contract should be needed, however that is hardly the case any longer. Honesty is gone out the window.
    We also hear such things "I swear on my mother's grave!" Well, what worth is your mother's grave! But the things that the Jews mentioned: heaven, Jerusalem, etc. were of great importance. However, don't swear, take a vow, at all.

Again, relevance?
    Stephen is simply showing that God does not dwell in temples made with hands. This does not negate in any way a Millennial Kingdom.

15. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Outstanding.

God bless.

16. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lets try this again.

God, yes I know its a Sunday School Answer but it is the correct one and very foundational at that.

Because God in His Infinite Wisdom has Ordained for this earth to continue in this state for this time because it is how He will be most Glorified when the end happens.

There is a false premise inside the question/Statement. You have not proved to me that the earth needed to be redeemed in the first place, and second that Christ atoning work on the Cross was not enough to complete all of Redemption.

Unfortunately this is the wrong forum to go into the problems I have with this statement. I'll just leave you with I'm a Calvinist so I disagree with the very foundation of this statement.

Again false premise, and you are begging the question, as you have not proved it needed to be Redeemed in the first place. But I will answer it this way anyways: Because God in His Infinite Wisdom has ordained for this earth to continue in this state for this time because it is how He will be most Glorified when the end happens.

God

17. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its times like this I wish we had a like button.

18. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Romans 8:21-23

King James Version (KJV)

21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

...?

God bless.

19. OldRegular

The title of the thread is "Who owns the earth?". You asked a question:
    I presented Scripture showing the dominion of GOD over the earth and you reply with the asinine comment above!. I haven't the slightest idea what you are talking about and I doubt that you do either.

20. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes Creation has to deal with the consequences of sin, but it is mankind that is Redeemed as the above verse shows.
    Besides if you are using the above verse to say that the Earth still needs to be redeemed then then you are also saying that man's physical Redemption was not bought with the death burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I don't think that is what you want to say. All of Redemption (even assuming that the earth needed to be redeemed for a moment) was payed for at the Cross. There is nothing left to be paid, and to say that there is, is a direct assault on the work of Christ on the Cross.

#80 blessedwife318, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.