1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Who Reigns

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by OldRegular, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I don't believe the OP said anything about
    If you want to defend or disparage the decrees of God then start your own thread!

2. OldRegular

I believe Satan is on God's leash, however I do not believe in "Deicide"!

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one questions God reigns in heaven. And no one questions, God reigns in the hearts of those that love Christ.

So the actual issues, if we decode the double speak of Calvinism, are:
    1) Is Christ reigning right now from His throne in heaven? The answer from scripture is no, but the Calvinisms claim the answer is yes.

2) Is God reigning in the hearts of the lost? The biblical answer is no, but the Calvinism claim the answer is yes, for He ordains (predestines) whatsoever comes to pass.

Lets see if Truth reigns on this forum.

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Dr. Bob

Hello DR.Bob
    Good post and helpful to this discussion
    But

These descriptions are accurate in so far as they speak of satan having been given power over men before the cross work of our LORD.

Jesus as the last Adam....comes and overcomes and defeats satan at every turn where the first Adam failed.LK4....in the attempted temptation

in the sending out of the 70;;;
    18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

col2
    14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Now "if" you re-read rev 12 as a snapshot or an overview of redemptive history, rather than looking forward waiting for it to happen sometime yet future......you can see how it can be happening right now

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ

:wavey:

satan is the opposer...yet since the Cross.. believers as in the letters to the 7 churches are overcoming him right now on earth.
    Faith is the Victory

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

If the view that I put forth is for whatever reason wrong... I would be perfectly okay with anything God has purposed to do in the future.It is his plan, not mine or yours.....lol...but if it as I suggest [my view is a work in progress] then we need to be about serious KINGDOM activity right now, day by day.....which I believe is indicated right here...

25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

29 For our God is a consuming fire.

#24 Iconoclast, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2014
  5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Van

:thumbs: okay...but how did Jesus describe his heavenly reign coming down to earth??? outward and physical...or inward and spiritual?

20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Daniel 7 is the view of King Jesus ascending to His eternal reign. The answer from scripture is.. YES...Cals believe this...looks like you resist.

While Jesus is Lord of all...the lost remain outside the saving grace of the Kingdom...notice how I pointed this out to DHK earlier;

12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.

13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.

The totally depraved sinner cannot welcome God;s law word and resist truth everyday.

The biblical answer is God will set all things right at the White Throne Judgement.

Truth is shining through more and more as some who resist it on every thread are no longer able to disrupt every single post with novelties and absurdities...as they are no longer with us.

6. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So God does not reign in the hearts of the lost according to Iconoclast, but does reign in the hearts of the lost according to Calvinism.

Is Christ reigning from His throne in Heaven? Calvinism and Iconoclast say yes, but the answer from scripture is no.

At least the double speak shroud has been parted. :)

The second coming of Christ has not occurred, so the picture of Daniel 7 does not in the slightest picture Christ currently reigning.

#26 Van, Jul 28, 2014
  7. OldRegular

Calvinism, dispensationalism, Arminianism have absolutely nothing to do with the Sovereignty of God.

Just where in Scripture does it say Jesus Christ/God is not reigning now.

:flower::flower::flower:

Your understanding of Daniel is faulty and God is Sovereign now.

#27 OldRegular, Jul 28, 2014
  8. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

Assuming you meant "of" not Od.... ;)

:applause::thumbs:

9. OldRegular

Thanks! At one time folks could not correct errors once the Submai button was pushed; at least if my memory is correct.

10. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

You're welcome. Also..... assuming you meant "submit" :laugh::laugh::tongue3:

I couldn't help myself.

11. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Van

DR.VANTWADDLE,
    Sorry...my fault, I tried to post to you thinking you might understand...my bad:laugh:

God is Lord of ALL....which even the ungodly will confess on the last day.
    Those sinners who are elected by God at a point in time are savingly drawn by the Spirit of God to salvation. They are given a NEW HEART which can welcome the word of God. Unsaved sinners cannot welcome the word of God at all...not even the "milk" of the word which you have falsely posted time after time with your other vanism's.
    I offered lk19 to clarify , but evidently you did not quite get it:wavey:

Dan 7 is a view from heaven of Jesus ascension to the Throne. here it is;

13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Very clear.....A king rules over a......let's say it together.....A KINGDOM!!!

Here is why you have trouble twaddlemaster....it is not speaking of the second coming at all....he is coming up in the clouds to the Ancient of days.....not descending away from the Ancient of days...do you see it now:wavey:

12. OldRegular

I am a two finger typist, were once called "Hunt and Peck" typist but political correctness by the name of Hunt and Peck complained. Anyhow my two fingers move at about the same speed as my brain. Sometimes I look at what I have typed and cannot believe my eyes. So I blame it on my eyes.

Seriously I have cataracts in one eye and have needed a new lens for 2-3 years. I wonder when I look at some of the words I type if that eye is affecting my ability to hit the key Hunt and Peck are seeking!

Anyhow a little levity is good for us all so thanks!

13. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you hold that everything thay happened and still happens since jesus ascended are always in His absolute perfect Will then?

God has chosen to permit/allow satan to do his things with limits upon the earth, until the Second Coming, when God kingdom will be firmly established!

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It hasn't happened yet.
    If you think that event has happen, I would suggest to you that perhaps you have missed the boat. Give evidence when and where it occurred.

Christ is coming. This does speak of a future event:
    13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

When in history was Christ given dominion, glory, and a kingdom that ALL people, nations and languages were serving him--an everlasting dominion that will never pass away; a kingdom that will never be destroyed.

God will destroy this earth. He will create a new earth and a new heaven.
    You have a problem with so many contradictions in the Word.

The only one who ever offered Christ what is described above is Satan himself, but Christ rejected Satan's offer.

15. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bob,

I understand what you're saying, but I wonder if dualism is the proper noun. Dualism means the state of two parts; typically equal in nature. Certainly there is nothing equal between God and Satan. I do like your use of the word usurper. I would also inject the word counterfeit.

When Satan tempted Jesus by offering to grant him all the kingdoms of the world, Satan erroneously deduced that they were his to grant. They weren't.

16. OldRegular

The point is God is Sovereign and God Reigns. He decides how He reigns, not us!

17. OldRegular

Well said. I agree.

18. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK

wrong again DHK:thumbsup:
    yes, now I am sure I am correct you suggest I have erred as usual
    sure...watch closely how it happens....from the human and earthly side-

9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Now we are given the view from the Heavenly side by Daniels vision-

Notice DHK....one like the Son of man CAME WITH THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN,AND CAME TO THE ANCIENT OF DAYS

SEE IN acts 1 HE ASCENDED....Dan7 gives us the heavenly view....he is coming up to heaven, not down to the earth as you falsely state...even you cannot twist this language......so once again...we see who"has missed the boat":laugh:

Once he ascends this is what happens;

I submit to you this is when and how it happened:thumbs:

Once again let me suggest it is you who are struggling with these things
    I do not think the Ancient of Days...describes satan DHK...it is clear it is the Father...9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire

#38 Iconoclast, Jul 28, 2014
  19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

When in history was Christ given dominion, glory, and a kingdom that ALL people, nations and languages were serving him--an everlasting dominion that will never pass away; a kingdom that will never be destroyed

When? Where?

There is nothing in recorded history where all peoples of all nations and kingdoms were serving Christ. Never.
    This is a deluded position.

20. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK

I just showed you...you do not believe it.

Paul did not think so;

30 But God raised him from the dead:

31 And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people.

32 And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers,

33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.

35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

36 For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:

37 But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.

38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

40 Beware therefore, lest that come upon you, which is spoken of in the prophets;

41 Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.

42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.

43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.

44 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.

45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming.

46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

49 And the word of the Lord was published throughout all the region.

Clearly...the gospel is still expanding worldwide:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.