1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who Said This?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Bro Tony, Jun 5, 2006.

1. bapmom

bapmom New Member

I don't know, I think the statement is too unclear as it is. If speaking about an unmarried woman, the Bible says that she is then able to concentrate on serving the Lord alone. This very well could translate into helping the men in the ministry. So it could work out that the statement is ultimately pretty true.

After all, the ladies can't be in the head leadership positions of the churches, so we wind up being the vital supportive network that keeps the leadership going. I would see that as serving God, really. We are all supposed to do things as unto the Lord, right?

And God did make us as helpmeets for our men. It wasn't good for him to be alone, so he made someone uniquely suited to support him and come alongside him and provide what he needed.

2. bapmom

bapmom New Member

:laugh:
    We were actually planning on going out to Prescott Valley, AZ this summer to visit friends. Isn't that funny? :)

3. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Bapmom,

We are not too far from there.

Bro Tony

4. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I think i will try that one on my wife and see what she says...or see how hard she hits me, lol!

5. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Call my husband bobbyd -- he thought it was funny too, but he's still rubbing his arm :smilewinkgrin:

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Those of us who are of the masculine sex who says we are the "boss" are living in a dream land. The women rule the world!