1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who voted for GW Bush?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Jan 1, 2008.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A) Who voted for GW Bush?

B) Why?

C) How do you think he has performed?

a) I voted for GW Bush.

b) Because I believed he was a brother in Christ and I found no biblical faults in his positions.

c) I believe he has honored the office, honored our Lord and will get a B+, maybe even a A-, for his service as President come the JSOC.

God Bless! :thumbs:

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I voted for Bush in '00 because he said he believed in limited government (humble foreign policy, etc). I voted for Bush in '04 because I was stupid enough to believe the lie that I had no other choice.

Actually in '00 I opposed Bush. I only voted for him because I did not like Al Gore. I was a Alan Keyes supporter.

==Poorly. I think he misrepresented his positions when he said he believed in small government and a "humble foreign policy". Bush is nothing but a big government liberal who holds to certain conservative positions. His policy in Iraq has been an absolute disaster.

As for Bush being a "brother in Christ", I can't say. I do know that he usually attends liberal churches and he has said things that he can't believe and be a true Christian at the same time. I will, however, give him the benefit of the doubt that he only said those things to be politically correct (etc).

3. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I didnt vote for Bush in the primaries, and he was never my first choice. I was a Steve Forbes supporter in 2000. I basically voted against Gore and Kerry.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Believe it or not I voted for Bush first time. I thought he was a conservative. He said he didn't believe in nation building. I got neo-conned just like everyone else who supported him. I won't get neo-conned again.

Ron Paul for president!

5. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Millions of people. It would be hard to name them all, but I was one.

It was the vote against Kerry that was most meaningful.

Not good. I haven't seen a U.S. President perform well. And it's such an impossible job there surely won't be.

Okay.

6. Chad_71

Chad_71 New Member

I voted for Bush twice. ( not in the same election though)

I believed he was the man for the job for the time.

Overall I think he's done well. However, Bush certainly hasn't lived up to MY expectations; I suppose no president ever will.

7. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ditto, except to add that his "advertising" has not matched (IMNSHO), his actions since!

Still, considering the choices available at the time, I would vote the same way again. Either Kerry or Gore would have been a bigger disaster than we now have. At least there is still some hope for this country, slim though it may be.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A) I voted for George W. Bush in 2000 and 2004.

B) In 2000 I believed him when he said he would follow a humble foreign policy with no nation building. And domestically he sounded somewhat libertarian.

In 2004 I believed that he would bring the military involvement of these United States in Iraq to a conclusion pretty much by the end of 2006 and I wanted him to finish this up, especially with my grandnephew serving in Iraq. I was disappointed when he continued our nation's military presence in Iraq past 2006.

C) I think he made some very fine speeches in the aftermath of the attacks on 9/11/2001. Other than that his presidency has been pretty much a disaster for those who advocate limited, constitutional government.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I voted for GW both times.

Considering who his opponents were, it was the right thing to do and remains so even today.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which is a very, very sad comment about the state of American electoral politics so far in the 21st century.

11. Tama

Tama New Member

A. I did. Both times.
    B. Thought he was the best candidate.
    C. Mixed bag. Poorly with regards to immigration and government spending. Very well on taking the fight to terrorists and sticking to his guns despite the pressure to compromise.

I think he could have helped his cause by more effectively using the bully pulpit.

Ultimately, I believe history will correctly judge him as a visionary in terms of his insight and approach to fighting the Islamofacists.

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Considering there is no such thing as "islamofascists" (outside of neocon propaganda) and the made for tv "terrorists" have so many proven connections to "Anglo-American" intell agencies I doubt that very much.

#12 poncho, Jan 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2008
  13. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I voted for him both times.

He was the best candidate.

Some good. Some bad. But if i had to do it again, I would vote for him and would MUCH rather have him as our leader the last 8 years compared to Gore or Kerry.

I also think history may be kind to Bush as we get farther away from his time in office.

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

A neatly sanitized history maybe. If all the facts are allowed into history he'll be seen as the sock puppet of the NWO he is.

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I voted for him twice, because he was the best candidate in my mind at the time.

If he could run for a third term, there is no way I would cast a vote for him. It would either be third party or no vote.

Never again will I vote for a person who pretends to be a conservative and panders to the Christian vote for political gain. On top of that, one has to have leadership abilities to be President. The worst Republican President in history.

16. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

How do you go about proving this?

It is very hard to judge a President historically speaking while he is still in office.

17. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The same phantom group which elected Sir William of Clinton--twice.

We get a chance to fix it soon.

Let's do it.

80% of the body-politic turn out--then vote.

If we do not vote, we have no complaint.

Selah,

Bro. James

#17 Bro. James, Jan 1, 2008
  18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen, Brother!

19. Tama

Tama New Member

If there are "so many proven connections to Anglo American intell agencies," you should have no trouble documenting a few of those "proven" connections here....... right?

20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Already have, numerous times. After each staged event since 9/11. Read this An Introduction to False Flag Terror , and this then google false flag terrorism. To get up to speed.

#20 poncho, Jan 1, 2008