1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who were the "Nephilim?"

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by USN2Pulpit, Oct 27, 2004.

1. manchester

manchester New Member

I can't believe I'm typing this, but I agree with Michelle. The Nephilim are half-angel/half-human children. Their semi-divine status is the reason they were "giants" and "men of old, men of renown" (heroic men in the old stories).

2. Enoch

Enoch New Member

“Sons of God” I believe they are fallen angels as well.

Jude 6, 7 NKJV
    And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

The Hebrew translated “sons of God” is B’nai HaElohim, a term consistently used in the Old Testament for angels.
    Exactly why only Noah’s family was spared. The word for “generations” in Genesis 6:9 is translated as “without blemish, sound, healthful, without spot, unimpaired.

I agree.

Look at the Greek mythology which continually reflects intercourse between women and the gods producing half god, half man Titans and demigods.

Genesis 6:4 There were giants on the earth in those days and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them.

And what about the giants of Canaan?

What about Daniel 2:43 “they will mingle with the seed of men”?

Scriptures tells us that angels cannot marry but it does not cancel out the possibility that they are capable of procreation. Does it?

I do not think they did.

As for the alien discussion, I believe aliens are demons. Physicist have reported that the Universe consist of more dimensions than just length, width, height and time. Thus giving an explanation of many (not all) abuductions.
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/dimensions.html

I also wanted to add about the “Quickening”.
    New Agers believe there will be a “rapture” but they believe it will be mother earth cleansing herself of the people holding back true unity. I was at a parenting gathering and the woman across from me had a shirt that said “Born Again Pagan” on the front and on the back “The Quickening and some quote about their belief.

This subject has always been interesting to me. Thank you everyone for sharing! [​IMG]

Michelle, Chuck ROCKS!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I am going to "ditto" the Tentmaker!! As I always have believed this line of thinking!

Nowhere in the Bible will you be able to pick up any shread of evidence where God commanded a single angel to "be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth"---not one verse---not one word that comes before a period(.) at the end of a sentence!!

Angels were spoken into existance---man was formed out of the dust of the earth!! Any elementary biology student halfway paying attention to the instructor---would know automatically that the two are totally different! One belongs in the spiritual world of invisabliity and the other belongs in the world that is visable!!

Now, as for the giants?? That's elementary, also!! Here's what I believe----the angels--although incapable of reproduction among themselves--and among humans----can and have and will in the future---possess the minds of humans---for instance---Satan entered into the heart of Judas!! See??

Anyway, the angels come to possess the human minds---planting ungodly, hellish ideas into the hearts and minds of men and women---The men and women--begin to experiment on their own reproduction system----some form of early history's "Selective breeding"---and don't think that this kind of junk doesn't go on still today!!

Men get together with men---in a labortory somewhere---and begin to "tinker" with genes---"This woman over here---and that man over there---if you put the two together---chances are---they will have such and such offspring!!"

See??

Highly unlikely that you put a 4'2" woman together with a 5'3" man and come out with a 7'7" offspring!! See??

But you "tinker" around---study genetics a little bit---and you can deduce----a 7'7" man and a 7' woman is highly likely to have a 7'10" boy on down the road in the future!! Then you "fertilize" that boy---feed him lots and lots of protein, milk and dairy products---and he's ready to "slam dunk" like ole Goliath!! See??

I don't think you could hold a machine gun on me and get me to believe---that it was an Angel's sperm mixin' and minglin' with a human's egg resulting in a creature belonging to both the invisable and visable world---but---it is highly likely that the angels of old were so vile and vicious and spiritually seductive---that one angel could enter the mind of a man---and another enter the mind of a woman---and thus have the capability of producing something outside of the "normal" realm of human understanding!

4. joyfulkeeperathome

joyfulkeeperathome New Member

How in the world would fallen angels be referred to as the sons of God???? That makes no sense whatsoever in any world! Does noone else see this????

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

joyful---ever since I've been on this board---I've shown people what I see---and I do not see the fallen angels as anything else besides dirty, vile, nasty fallen angels!!

6. michelle

michelle New Member

--------------------------------------------------
    Nowhere in the Bible will you be able to pick up any shread of evidence where God commanded a single angel to "be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth"---not one verse---not one word that comes before a period(.) at the end of a sentence!!

Exactly, and this is why it is against God's will, and why men grew more wicked, and God had to destroy all but Noah and his family. In order for the kinsman redeemer to come - Jesus Christ, the bloodlines had to be pure human blood. Satan tried to thwart this plan. God never commanded this of the angels, and this is also why they are to be judged and put in chains of darkness.

Love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

7. michelle

michelle New Member

I can't believe I'm typing this, but I agree with Michelle. The Nephilim are half-angel/half-human children. Their semi-divine status is the reason they were "giants" and "men of old, men of renown" (heroic men in the old stories).
    ---------------------------------------------------

I can't believe I am reading this either! [​IMG] I totally agree with you here. Praise the Lord. WE can finally agree on something. Yeah!

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

8. michelle

michelle New Member

Michelle, Chuck ROCKS!!!

Yes, Chuck Missler is a wonderful and godly man, and very intelligent, and loves the Lord. I thank our Lord for him.

michelle

9. michelle

michelle New Member

\

Now, as for the giants?? That's elementary, also!! Here's what I believe----the angels--although incapable of reproduction among themselves--and among humans----can and have and will in the future---possess the minds of humans---for instance---Satan entered into the heart of Judas!! See??

Anyway, the angels come to possess the human minds---planting ungodly, hellish ideas into the hearts and minds of men and women---The men and women--begin to experiment on their own reproduction system----some form of early history's "Selective breeding"---and don't think that this kind of junk doesn't go on still today!!

Men get together with men---in a labortory somewhere---and begin to "tinker" with genes---"This woman over here---and that man over there---if you put the two together---chances are---they will have such and such offspring!!"

Yes, I can agree with you to a point here. But there is also nothing that says angels cannot reproduce, as the text of Genesis 6 clearly says that they can and did. If they can take on the physical form, as many angels in the bible have done, then they can also have those physical attributes also. As the word of God says, they left their "own habitation" and their "own estates". God may have given them reproductive abilities, without the intention of them ever using them, just as God created the tree of knowledge of good and evil, without the intention of us eating of it. We do not know much about the angels, and what God has or has not commanded them, so we can not know for sure. WE can only know what God has told us, and take it in faith.

michelle

10. michelle

michelle New Member

Highly unlikely that you put a 4'2" woman together with a 5'3" man and come out with a 7'7" offspring!! See??

This is not true, as there have been men who were giants, even in the early twentieth century. Have you never heard about these men? Even though they are rare, it does occur. THere have also been skeletons of enormous bodies found in archeology throughout the world spanning the ages.

michelle

11. michelle

michelle New Member

I don't think you could hold a machine gun on me and get me to believe---that it was an Angel's sperm mixin' and minglin' with a human's egg resulting in a creature belonging to both the invisable and visable world---but---it is highly likely that the angels of old were so vile and vicious and spiritually seductive---that one angel could enter the mind of a man---and another enter the mind of a woman---and thus have the capability of producing something outside of the "normal" realm of human understanding!

But this doesn't produce literal giants (Nephilum) as spoken of in Genesis 6.

michelle

12. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Where do you get your information? The Bible certainly does not answer the question.

13. michelle

michelle New Member

Originally posted by michelle:

But this doesn't produce literal giants (Nephilum) as spoken of in Genesis 6.

Where do you get your information? The Bible certainly does not answer the question.

Have you read the links provided on this thread? The scriptures show this to be most likely the case, and this is what I believe. I have also said that both could be true, and that the other side of this has very good points also. But I have to lean with what the whole counsel of God has said about it, to which leans to the fallen angels interpreation. How does a spiritual connection produce literal giants? This is why I said this.

michelle

14. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Michelle says, "How does a spiritual connection produce literal giants?"

A couple of things to think about! First, I've stated above---that these angels could come in and possess humans---reread the post, Michelle--it fits like a jigsaw puzzle---these angels were evidently so vile and vicious that inpregnated into the MINDS of men and women---these men and women would do things they would not ordinarly do otherwise---and it is not unheard of for human/human's to have what could be called "giants"---I mean, look at the NBA and the NFL---how come the Offensive lineman is 7'1" and the placekicker is 5'3"??? Men in the past have "tinkered" with genetics---their own genetics---the genetics of cats and dogs---thus the wide variety of shapes and sizes---a Saint Bernard and a "Weenie" dog--for instance!!

Angelic possession in the demonic man in Gadara?? How would you explain his amazing strength---no man could hold him down---no chain or fetter could bind him and hold him still---it was like a "Samson Gone Wild!!!" How do you think that the demon possessed man whipped the livin' daylights out of the seven sons of Sceva??---only one explaination---these angels possessed the men in question---warped their minds and threw down barriers to physical strength!!

The same way with Nephillim---giants---yes---but you have to draw a physical picture of the giants in question----how big WERE they?? Does the Bible say?? Does the Bible give a record of height---as in Goliath!! It just says they were giant---but was it "Jack and the BeanStalk" giant?? Was it the folklore story of Paul Bunyan giant??

The Bible does not out and out say----positively and absolutely that these giants were offspring of angels and humans does it???

15. michelle

michelle New Member

The Bible does not out and out say----positively and absolutely that these giants were offspring of angels and humans does it???

Calm down and don't get so angry or frustrated. I believe that it does, based on the overall scriptures concerning it, and also based upon archeological finds of 10 ft. men that have been found across the globe. You don't have to believe this. You can believe what you want on this. It doesn't constitute an argument or debate on it between us okay?

Love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle