1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who Will be Christ's Bride?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by mnw, Sep 29, 2006.

1. mnw

mnw New Member

I just finished reading a booklet by Roy Mason on the universal, invisible church theory. In the book he argues against it.

I agree with some of what he says and it has helped clarify some of my beliefs. However, some of his conclusions and doctrines I disagree with.

The two main points I am considering are:

1. When the church started - I have always considered Pentecost as the beginning of the churchbut Mason gives some good points to think on.

2. Who will be the Bride in Heaven - Now, this point I have big issues with. It does not say as much but it seems to indicate what I have heard called the Baptist Bride position. In essence saying only those who were baptised into and active in a Baptist church will make up the church/bride in heaven.

To say that there are Believers who are not part of the Bride in heaven because they were not part of the Baptist church here somes wrong.

What happens to them in Heaven and the new Earth?

Now, while I absolutely believe in the local church I can also see that we are all part of Christ.

Anyway, I eagerly anticipate your thoughts! :)

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I can honestly say I have never heard of the Baptist Bride theory. Me thinks Mr. Mason will be very surprised in Heaven!

3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

So will a lot of others! :rolleyes:

Ed

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Me thinks the bride is all the believers. I always thought that was the Baptist belief but after coming on BB, who knows. :)

5. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

MNW,

That is a great question. I was not aware of the Baptist bride doctrine until a few weeks ago, when I was accused of believing it. It is not a biblical doctrine.

The Bible in both the OT and the NT tells us that only faithful, obedient, overcoming Christians will make up the bride. Unfaithful, disobedient, non-overcoming Christians will not inherit the kingdom. They will not enter the kingdom and they will not be a part of Christ's bride.

Now that only leaves us with two options. Either ALL Christians are faithful, obedient, overcomers or there is a group of Christians that will miss their calling and will miss their inheritance.

I don't think the first is a Biblical-backed option.

If you are interested in a more detailed study of Scripture PM and I'll send you some resource material.

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I think He pays them all a penny?

7. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

He pays those who work a penny. What does he pay those who don't work? Do those who work, work their way into being saved?

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I think and always have that it is a parable along the same way that the prodical son is. I really think it is saying the first shall be last and the last first. I think it is saying if you come repent before death then you will receive your just reward. I think it is talking about if you sow to the flesh you shall of the flesh reap corruption and if you sow to the spirit you shall of the spirit reap life everlasting. I doubt my works will determined how large my crown is, what you say?

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Do I have to give Jesus back my engagement ring :tear:

10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Na, it will melt with fervent heat. :)