1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WHO WILL BE RESPONSIBLE???

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Tim too, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Tim too

Tim too New Member

Brothers and sisters,

We all know that our pastors and teachers are held accountable for their teaching because James tells us,

“Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.” James 3:1 NIV

But what about the average John Doe in the church?

The Bible is the number one selling book in the world. In America the word of God is as plentiful as water according to the Barna research group’s statistics. They say that 92% of American homes have a copy of the Bible. In those home the usual number of Bibles is 3.

Are you or I going to be able to stand before God and say I believed this or I didn't believe this or I did this or I didn't do this because I didn't know?

Jesus said "From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." Luke 12:48 NIV

What are your thoughts?

In the love of Christ,
    Tim

2. Brett

Brett New Member

Is it just me... or does this make no sense at all? :confused:

3. superdave

superdave New Member

Teachers and preachers are responsible to fulfill their obligations to teach. They cannot compel anyone to learn.

You are responsible for following the will of God as revealed in his Word. You are not excused from a command or principle merely because you never read it, or no one ever taught it to you.

Yes Pastors and teachers will be held responsible for their teaching, but will be judged on most of their behavior exactly like the rest of us.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agree, SuperDave - I get tired of people saying they are "not being fed" in their church.

HEY, EAT AT HOME! Where did we get the concept that it is the pastor/teaching elder's job to force-feed sheep?

Thank God we have His Word translated into our language and sitting in our homes. In 76-77 I took some bibles and NT's into the Soviet Union, Lithuania area and saw the faces of people who had never touched a bible. I watched a NT being cut apart so that it could be given (book by book) to different families to read and study, then switched with another family.

Pastors are responsible to shepherd the flock. The flock is responsible to eat.

5. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

II Pet 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of...

Rom 1:20...they are without excuse:

Ignorance of the Lord's Law is no excuse either.

6. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Hosea 4:6 states that, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge..." Reading the rest of the verse it is clear that they willingly rejected knowledge, so God rejected them. It is clear that this is of their own doing.
    Rev. 22:15 says that, among others, two types of people are rejected: not only those that make a lie, but those that love a lie as well. Both receive the same fate.

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

8. Tim too

Tim too New Member

It is amazing how rich we are as Americans in possesion of Bibles, yet how poor our Biblical knowledge is.

In the love of Christ,
    Tim