1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who will be the champs in the top college FB conferances?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by 4His_glory, Jul 26, 2005.

?
  1. Nebraska

5.6%
  2. Kansas St.

5.6%
  3. Iowa St.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Colorado

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Missouri

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Kansas

22.2%
  7. Oklahoma

16.7%
  8. Texas A-M

50.0%
  9. Texas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Texas Tech

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Oklahoma St.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Baylor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Who will win the in the top conferances this year?

2. patrick

patrick New Member

Auburn national champs. Funny!!!! They are the only SEC that could go undeafeated and not win it. They have not a chance!!!!!!!

3. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Why do you say that? is it because the way this stupid BCS system works?

4. patrick

patrick New Member

Auburn is not a prominant program nationally. You think if Alabama, Tenn, UGA, or Florida would have been in the same position they would not have been in the big dance.

5. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Possibly. I don't think Texas should have gone to the Rose Bowl last year. This screwy system drives me nuts. They need to go back to the old way, or start a playoff.

6. patrick

patrick New Member

I loved the old way after all i am southern baptist. Just kidding. I love the +1 format that has been discussed.

7. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

WOW! Where did all those Texas fans come from? Well, it's still early.

8. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I'm not a Texas fan, I just think they have are likly to win.

9. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Ok who voted for Penn St. in the big Ten? I don't think so. It will either be Iowa, Ohio St. or I hope Michigan.

10. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

you know that tennessee have the number 4 defense and are in the top ten offense?

11. patrick

patrick New Member

you know that tennessee have the number 4 defense and are in the top ten offense? </font>[/QUOTE]How can they be ranked like that they haven't even put on pads yet. They should win the east and if they get the breaks, who knows?

12. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

you know that tennessee have the number 4 defense and are in the top ten offense? </font>[/QUOTE]Tennessee could be overrated.

13. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I love the Vols. I doubt they are overrated.

They do have a bad scheduling year however. I don't think USC, Texas, or "take your" pick could be favored to beat Florida and LSU in consecutive weeks.

If they do it the only justice would be for them to be ranked #1 no matter what USC does... of course college football isn't about justice or Oklahoma wouldn't have played in (and been destroyed in) the last two BCS championship games.

LSU v USC would have been a much better game.

It is my honest opinion that Aub v USC would have produced a different national champion. Auburn went undefeated in impressive fashion through the SEC. The best opponent on USC's schedule up to OU would have been 4th at best on Auburns.

The BCS has lost credibility just because of that. I wonder if it contributed to AP bailing out on them?

14. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Oklahoma has been overrated for a couple of years.

15. patrick

patrick New Member

Fulmer has the best talent year in and year out and they never are able to make the big dance. He is an average coach with awesome talent.

16. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never? Hasn't been that long ago... certainly not as long as UGA or GT. In fact, weren't they the last SEC team to win it unified?

In frustration, I agree with you somewhat about Fulmer. He tends to play not to lose rather than playing to win. If he let's his staff go like they did against A&M last year then we might see some pretty impressive things this year.

17. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

hey, i love fat phil! that guys got it goin on! ya, UT has it made this year, Ainge has a year under him, i think hes one of the top 5 qbs potential wise in the NCAA, a very much improved defense, i have high hopes

18. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My hopes are tempered by the fact that they play the most difficult consecutive games in football this year.

LSU probably goes 2 deep with bona fide NFL prospects. UF is also loaded though probably not as good as LSU.

The question is whether Fulmer will learn to go for the kill rather than always just "pounding the rock".

The defense may be the best one UT has had under Fulmer... and that ain't bad. Last year the secondary was young. This year they have experience plus some incoming help.

19. patrick

patrick New Member

Scott,

Dough boy has the top talent year in and year out and he won 1 national championship with it. He is a coach that has won lots of games. He should have won many more.

The Sec championship game will feature (I hate to say it) Florida vs the most over looked team in the Sec. With 9 def starters back from a good def. Including the whole secondary as well as a great group of linbackers. Plus the wild card a healthy Brodie Croyle. Roll Tide Roll!!!!!!

The shift of power back to normal. Florida and Alabam back in the dance!!!!!!!

20. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like that Alabama pick if UF and/or UT beats LSU. But that is a tall order. I don't think Bama will beat UT and UF both. I think they will lose to Auburn. LSU at home is a great match up.

They do have a very favorable schedule though.