1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who will populate the Kingdom?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Feb 18, 2008.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Who will populate the Kingdom?

2. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

I believe you will find the answer in Rev 5:9-10:

And they sang a new song, saying,

“Worthy are you to take the scroll
    and to open its seals,
    for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God
    from every tribe and language and people and nation,
    and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God,
    and they shall reign on the earth.” (emphasis mine)

3. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

Will children be born in the New Kingdom?

love,

Sopranette

4. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

What does the Bible say on that matter?

5. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

I just found this website that has a few answers for us. Check this out.
    http://www.gotquestions.org/millennial-kingdom.html

Who will occupy the Millennial Kingdom?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question: "Who will occupy the Millennial Kingdom?"

Answer: There will be two distinct groups occupying the earth during the millennial kingdom—those with glorified bodies (1 Corinthians 15) who were raptured prior to the tribulation, and those with earthly bodies who lived through the tribulation and on into the millennial kingdom. The group who have earthly bodies can be subdivided into two groups: believing Gentiles and believing Jews (Israel).

In Revelation 19:11-16, we find the return of Jesus Christ to Earth, known as His second coming. The rapture (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 1 Corinthians 15:51-53) is an appearing of Christ in the air, not His second coming. This is included to make a distinction between the rapture and the second coming of Christ. There is no mention in Revelation 19-20 of any kind of rapture event where believers receive glorified bodies. The implication is that saints who are on Earth when Christ returns will remain on Earth to enter the millennial kingdom in their natural bodies. If the rapture or any kind of event where a believer receives a glorified body were included in the second coming of Christ to Earth, one would expect to find reference to such a major event in Revelation 19. But no such reference is to be found.

Matthew 25:31-46 is another passage that should be considered. This passage is commonly called the separation or judgment of the sheep and the goats. The sheep and goats refer to righteous and unrighteous Gentiles. Christ will judge the unrighteous Gentiles (goats), and they will be cast into the lake of fire for eternal punishment (Matthew 25:46). Therefore, no unbelieving Gentile will survive to live on into the millennial kingdom. The righteous Gentiles, or sheep, will live on into the millennial kingdom. They will give birth to children and will populate the earth. However, these are not the only ones who will be producing children during the millennial kingdom.

The impression is given that when Christ returns, all Israel will trust in Him (Zechariah 12:10). They, too, will not receive glorified bodies (as those did who were raptured prior to the tribulation). They also will produce children during the millennial kingdom.

So, believing Gentiles, Israel, and resurrected/raptured believers (all of whom have glorified bodies) will occupy the earth. It should be noted, however, that believers with glorified bodies will not be reproducing. There is no marriage after this life (Matthew 22:30).

Children born during the millennial kingdom will have the responsibility of faith in Christ as all people of past ages have (faith in Christ since His coming; faith in God before—Genesis 15:2-6; Habakkuk 2:4; Romans 3:20). Unfortunately, not all of the children that are born during the millennial kingdom will come to faith in Christ. Those that do not will be led away by Satan into rebellion against God at the end of the millennial kingdom when Satan is let loose for a short time (Revelation 20:7-10).

For a further look at this subject (who will live into the millennial kingdom), look also at the following passages: Isaiah 2:2-4; Zechariah 14:8-21; Ezekiel 34:17-24; Daniel 7:13-14; Micah 4:1-5.

6. SeekingHisTruth

SeekingHisTruth New Member

There will also be non-believing Gentiles around during that time as well. Not all of them are destroyed in the tribulation.

7. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

And how do we know this?

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Must have been an amendment we didn't get... :thumbs:

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

He says 1 Thes is not Christ second coming and that there will be some who remain in their natural bodies. This does not agree with v17 which says;

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

I agree there are many interpretations of that verse but staying in a natural body doesn't seem to be in that verse.

10. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The saints.

John 14:1-4 "IF I go I will come again and receive you to Myself".

1Thess 4 "Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with THEM (the resurrected saints) in the air... and SO shall WE EVER be WITH the Lord"

Matt 24 and Rev 19 both describe this singular event to which ALL NT saints were told to look - - the time when we aLL will be reunited with Christ at His coming.

in Christ,

Bob

11. SeekingHisTruth

Well my question to you is do you have any Scripture evidence that every non-believing person is wiped off the face of the earth during the tribulation?

12. trustitl

trustitl New Member

ME and anybody else washed in the blood of the lamb! :godisgood:

Praise God who has "delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins." Col. 2:13-14.

13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

And the earth remains desolate and void of all human life during that period of time. "I looked and behold there was NO human being".

Not "during the tribulation" for there is "no tribulation WITHOUT people" on earth. But "during the millennium" yes -- this is the state of things on earth after the Rev 19 "feast of the birds" on all flesh.

Jer 4:23
    I looked on the earth, and behold, it was
    formless and void
    ; And to the heavens, and they had no light.
    24 I looked on the mountains, and behold, they were quaking, And
    all the hills moved
    to and fro.
    25 I looked, and behold
    , there was no man
    , And all the birds of the heavens had fled.

26 I looked, and behold, the
    fruitful land was a wilderness, And all its cities were pulled down Before the LORD, before His fierce anger

Jer 25:33
    ""Those slain by the LORD on that day will be from one end of the earth to the other. They will not be lamented, gathered or buried; they will be like dung on the face of the ground.

] Zeph 1:18[/b]
    Neither their silver nor their gold Will be able to deliver them On the day of the LORD'S wrath; And all the earth will be devoured In the fire of His jealousy, For He will make a complete end, Indeed a terrifying one, Of all the inhabitants of the earth.

Isaiah 24
    1 Behold, the LORD lays the earth waste, devastates it, distorts its surface and scatters its inhabitants.
    2 And the people will be like the priest, the servant like his master, the maid like her mistress, the buyer like the seller, the lender like the borrower, the creditor like the debtor.
    3 [/b]
    The earth will be completely laid waste and completely despoiled,
    [/b][/quote]

#13 BobRyan, Feb 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2008
  14. SeekingHisTruth

Wonder why He will have to rule with a rod of iron over His "own" people during the millenium? Doesn't seem to make much sense to me. And if He is ruling with a rod of iron over His "own" people, then who are His people going to rule over with a rod of iron? Themselves?

15. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

I want to discuss on this. But, it now past 5 am. I will make post on this later today or on Sunday for sure.

By the way, let you know, this doctrine is not biblical, it is man-making doctrine. I will show you scriptures, why it is unbiblical.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

16. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Zechariah provides a view of the coming Messiah as if the Jews did NOT reject Him.

Zech 9
    But I will camp around My house
    because of an army, Because of him who passes by and returns; And no oppressor will pass over them anymore, For now I have seen with My eyes.
    9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of
    Zion! Shout in triumph, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold,
    your king is coming to you; He is just and endowed with salvation, Humble, and mounted on a donkey, Even on a colt, the foal of a donkey.
    10 I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim And the horse from Jerusalem; And the bow of war will be cut off. And He will speak peace to the nations; And His dominion will be from sea to sea, And from the River to the ends of the earth.

But the first coming happened -- none-the-less and the Jews DID reject the Messiah so HE DID NOT end war and rule from sea to sea at that point.

He will do that after the Millennium - on Earth -- from the New Jerusalem -- but that will be "perfect" no rebellion in that new Earth according to Rev 21.
    In fact "There is no future PROMISE of rebellion".

in Christ,

Bob

17. billwald

billwald New Member

Children born in the next life? In other words, will our resurrected bodies have functioning gonads, fake gonads, or no gonads?

Jesus said there was no marriage in the next life. He didn't say there would be no sexual relations and pregnancies.

18. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A good question but I prefer to phrase it "Who populates the Kingdom?".

NASB - Luke 17:20-21
    Now having been questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed; nor will they say, `Look, here it is!' or, `There it is!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."

#18 Gold Dragon, Feb 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2008
  19. Sgt. Fury

Sgt. Fury New Member

Paul was in the kingdom. "Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son"(Col 1:13).

John was in the kingdom. "I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ..." (Rev 1:9).

By implication, all of the people that Paul and John wrote to were also in the kingdom. The kingdom is the church, people. There is no other.

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Not everyone from the Tribulation will be destroyed. Some will survive and enter into the Kingdom. They too will be able to have children--many children, for they, like those before the flood will be able to live very lengthy lives. By the time of the end of the tribulation, even though it will be Christ himself reigning from the throne of David, Satan will be let loose and will be able to gather an army of unsaved individuals and wage one final uprising against Christ. At that time fire will come down from heaven and defeat him.

Revelation 20:7-9 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
    8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
    9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.