1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Who will prevail in Fox News Debate this week?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She is under-valued. But she is strong. She is the most articulate of them all and I agree with much of what she says. I hope others will be noticing her.

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like her and agree with you; I like Huckabee; and I think Trump may continue to soar! And if Trump makes it all the way, Fiorina may be his running mate. Two good business minds leading America! Makes cents/sense to me!

3. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If Trump wins the nomination (which I doubt), then it would be likely that he picks someone with some political/foreign policy experience.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Like the neocons. Who cares that it's costing us trillions of dollars and all our liberties to figure out how wrong they've been?

#24 poncho, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2015
  5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There was no "winner". Wasn't ever meant to be.

This is about eliminating the ones that don't belong, are not serious candidates, and have no chance.

It also allowed us to see on the national stage some, who until now, have been fringe candidates that the media gave scant attention. Best example is Carly Fiorina.

Of those there, I believe she helped herself the most.

Trump hurt himself the most, but he was the leader going in, and had the most to lose. He was Trump. Not a politician. Not a debater.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump is good at explosive words and saying things that get people's attention. However, last night that was not enough. His responses lacked any real substance. It is easy to say "I am going to do this" but he did not show he had any real knowledge of the issues.

#26 Revmitchell, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2015
  7. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    'Moreover you shall select from all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them to be rulers.....' (Exod. 18:21).

Any of those in the debate? We can't find any in Britain, that's for sure!

8. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Carla Fiorina was the overall winner even though not among the top ten. She helped herself most and as Rippon noted she is very articulate. I have watched Carla and several others on the Fox News center seat. She came across as more articulate and decisive than any I have seen.

ITL was very insightful and correct in his early post:
    Trump came across as a petulant person incapable of interacting with those he cannot dominate. He made an ass of himself at the opening and then when he attacked Megan Kelly because of a legitimate and necessary question.

Among the ten I expect Christie helped himself most when he took on Paul. I believe the concerns that Paul raised are legitimate and should be raised in legitimate debate. That being said I believe some of his earlier remarks that are isolationist hurt his argument.

One point I would emphasize is that I believe only Trump hurt himself. As I said on another thread:

9. OldRegular

Adding to the above comments I believe Cruz helped himself greatly. He came across as tough and decisive without being the "crazy" man that some have portrayed!

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter as they are all battling to be the person selected to lose in November 2016. They know it. The RNC knows it. As do the people who REALLY make these decisions.

Got to put on a good show for the American people.

If found it fascinating that Trump , when asked about his Clinton donations, said Wednesday
    THIS is why Hillary has been groomed by people on both sides to be the next President.

The Republican 16 are for show only.

11. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

I agree with this. He also came across very snarky and rude--at some point he'll need to show he has some decorum.

12. OldRegular

Trump has as much chance of winning the Republican nomination as Barak Hussein Obama does! He is an egotistical braying ass just like Obama and he showed it last night.