1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who won CNN's first Republican YouTube debate?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by faithcontender, Nov 29, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't believe that God has banned women from leadership roles over men outside of the church.

Now, you and I can go round and round from now till Doomsday about this but I doubt either one of us will change our mind. If you don't want to vote for woman, fine, then don't.

However, no one has a Biblical warrant to question anyone's walk with the Lord who has no problem with voting for a woman.

2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Say What??

Hunh??

If this is directed at me, I don't get it. I have not, nor do I "question anyone's walk with the Lord", based on whom he or she votes for, nor have I ever on the BB.

I said nothing about any woman, nor ever believing this, at all. I, in fact, have voted for many women, when I considered them to be the better candidate, including more than once to potentially become the Governor of the Commonwealth of KY. One I voted for won that office; the other(s) did not. As Gov. Martha Layne Collins is the only woman who has been elected Governor of KY to date, she obviously was the one I voted for, who won. (BTW, I also have voted for her opponent, and more than once, as well, for another high office.)

I did make a point to oppose a certain woman for State Treasurer of KY, in the last election, because I thought she was a hypocrite, in and with her stance, but not because she was a woman, by any stretch.

I have not yet, to date, voted for a woman for President of the United States, but have nothing against one, per se. I am not sure of whom I will vote for, in the 2008 primary, at all, for as I have already said, those race(s) may well be, at least effectively, decided before I ever can step into the voting booth on May 20, 2008.

[Edited to add!] While we have had a few Amendments added since 1880, including the right of Women to vote, that was not what I was referring to, previously.

Ed

#22 EdSutton, Nov 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2007
  3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. That is why I said "no one" instead of "you".

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Amen to that. The youtube format is a three ring circus, unworthy of the Presidency. Of course, Mitt, Rudy, and John make the three rings.

5. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Actually, you used "you" first in the post, which is what may have been confusing.

Ed

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Did you pass high school English?

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry about the confusion, Ed.

8. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Yes, and those choices will be George Bush and Michael Dukakis.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.:laugh:

9. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Thanks! Language Cop was undoubtedly asleep at the wheel, yesterday. :laugh: :laugh:

Ed

#29 EdSutton, Dec 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2007