1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Who won the debate tonight?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by evangelist6589, Sep 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

upload_2016-9-27_8-31-34.jpeg

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I got that. There were two people in the debate and you said Christians should be embarrassed to support Trump. Given the moralbstance of the Democrat Party, should Christians not also not be embarrased to support Clinton?

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What moral stance would that be? As I recall from members of the GOP, we're electing a President and not a pastor. So what do morals have to do with anything? Morals didn't seem to matter much in supporting a Mormon candidate who rejects Christ. Maybe folks don't consider rejecting Christ an issue of morality though.

4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you saying that morals or your faith has nothing to do with the platform that you would support to lead our nation???

From past conversations, I do not believe you are. I think that we have a similar opinion about being responsible for our actions (to include casting our vote). I'm not asking you what other people believe, but if you think that it would be an embarrassment for a Christian to vote for Clinton.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Au contraire. I've said just the opposite:) It was the many evangelical members of the GOP who said as much with their chorus of "we're electing a President and not a Pastor" and their subsequent support of a Mormon who rejected Christ and the current anti-character of Christ in every manner candidate.
    Absolutely. Even though she comes across as someone who actually cares about others, unlike her competition. She is still flawed on the issue of life. Which for me, the GOP Christians don't have much of an argument for since so many are in favor of capital punishment.

I think it is absolutely ridiculous how evangelicals continue to compromise because they want to win elections. It seems to matter not that the world is looking at us and our support for these unGodly people and definitely thinking "why would I let any Christian who supports THAT speak to me about my need for Christ?"

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Morals in a leader of a nation have a lot to do with it. Do you want an immoral person in place? Yes, we are not going to be able to vote for a Christ following Christian this year and in many past elections as well so then we go for the person who most closely is lined up with our values. I'd rather have a moral Mormon in the office than an immoral Christian.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Again, what of morality is there absent Christ? How in the name of Jesus is a person who rejects Christ viewed by Christians as more moral than an immoral Christian? Can there be anything more immoral than rejecting the One Who is the standard of morality?

How on earth does someone who rejects Christ align with a Christian's values when his decisions to do anything are selfishly motivated?

And why on earth do Christians think it's OUR VALUES to which others are to align?

We aren't God. Shouldn't HE be the standard to which we want folks to align? Perhaps not doing so makes it okay with us for the candidate to reject Christ while agreeing with us in other areas. That's idolatry.

14. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again you prove you have not been paying attention.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And once again, you make true the principle stated by Malcolm X.

---Malcolm X

That one man's comments don't offset the comments of the millions to his one. He ain't said much that the millions have also said. The millions just realize that change isn't coming at the hands of someone who has shown himself to not be concerned about anything except himself and power.

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

18. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you are voting for Hillary?

19. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christians need to support Trump.

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Christians need to obey Christ and to align themselves with that which is aligned with Him. If the Commission is still the same and it is, there is nothing in supporting a Donald Trump Presidency that aids in the fulfillment of that Great Commission. But there's PLENTY that would serve as a stumbling block.

Odd how Christians on one side say they have prayed and God has told them to vote for Trump. And Christians on the other side say they have prayed and God has told them to vote for Clinton.

But God says HE isn't the author of confusion.

So who could possibly be offering up this wonderful realm of politics in which neither candidate honors Christ as a divider and distraction for the Body to not focus on its Commission?:Sneaky

You claim to be an evangelist and a supporter of Trump at the same time. Yet you sadly don't see how incongruent the two are unless you're only evangelizing to old, white supremacists who want to "make America White again".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.