1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Who won the debate?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by evangelist6589, Oct 20, 2016.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was working so missed the debate despite my 15 minute break. From what I saw in 15 mins Donald brought up some valid points and will be the one I vote for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump was well on his way to decisively winning the debate but about a half hour into it he faltered and started reverting to Insulting, Interrupting Don. His bombshell that he'll wait and see if he'll accept the results of the election was the final shovel of dirt on the casket of his campaign.

Clinton won.

My scorecard:
    First debate winner--Clinton
    Second debate winner--Trump
    Third debate winner--Clinton

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

My debate card:

First debate winner--Clinton. She spanked him.
    Second debate winner--more of a Draw. Trump did better. But Clinton drew even, IMO, by not totally screwing up.
    Third debate winner--Clinton because Trump went over a cliff with a 2000 lb rock tied around his neck.

It's as though he and his folks didn't really care about the debates because their strategy of apparently not convincing him to stay focused was just stupid. But this appears to be the problem with folks in his circle. Because folks have always worked for him, no one tells him NO.

A third grade teacher should have slapped his hands with a ruler.

But I'm venturing that the reason his parents sent him to military school is because they couldn't control him and looks like no one else can either.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hardly a bombshell, but the media and people like you will try to make it one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, because there have been so many other candidates that stated prior to the vote that they might not abide by the results. We've just become inured by it.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you say so.:Rolleyes

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What you have in carpro and the #TrumpNoMatterWhat crowd is a bunch of folks looking for the silver lining even though they realize, if being honest with themselves, that the debate was a complete disaster because of that one issue.

If he could have gone through a department store filled with aisle after aisle of what to say and there have been one special sale item in the whole store for what not to say, he found it.

8. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. I was flicking around the news channels after the debate and I could not believe the spin that Guiliani and KellyAnne Conway were putting on it. Essentially they said the media is in cahoots by making Trump's refusal to accept the election results the Big Story, and are willfully pumping up that "non-story" to detract from the butt-whuppin' Trump put on Clinton during the debate. HA HA HA HA!!

For sure. For the entire campaign I think he's been shopping in the aisle called the "Clinton to Victory Express Lane".

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump is his own worse enemy. But, then, Hillary is her own worst enemy, as well. But nobody pays any attention to that.

Chris Wallace: “Emails show that donors got special access to you,” he continued. “Can you really say you kept your pledge to that Senate committee, and what happened and what went on between you and the Clinton Foundation? Why isn’t it what Mr. Trump calls pay to play?”

Hillary refused to answer. The media doesn't care.

12. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  13. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It was incredibly embarrassing. Even in the first 30 minutes when Trump was looking "presidential" and not being his typical self, he still had problems coherently answering policy questions. Then when he moved on to stating that he might not accept the election results and slinging insults, it was totally over.

Currently, I don't see him picking up more than 200 electoral votes - which means that he will do worse than Romney. Right now, the Republicans will be fortunate if they don't lose both the house and the senate.

Of course, it won't be his fault. I don't expect him to take any responsibility. It will be the fault of the media, the Republican establishment, and so on.

14. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think Trump won it, but Hillary sure lost it. She looked programmed and robotic and that condescending smirk of hers stayed on her face no matter what Donald Trump or Chris Wallace said.

She didn't deny destroying the email, she didn't deny how Iraq was botched, she didn't deny that her people sent in disruptors to the Trump rallies, she didn't defend the treaty with Iran, she wouldn't answer the questions about the corruption allegations of the Clinton Foundation, and her explanation that she meant open borders for energy didn't wash.

But where she really dropped the ball was early when Chris asked her about partial-birth abortion and that was right after they droned on about SCOTUS. Trump successfully painted her into an extremist position on the issue and her answer was clinical to the point of being blood-curdling.

15. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump lost it big time. Both the debate and his temper.

Chris Wallace was teeing it up for Trump with some questions he had for Hillary (Trump even said 'thank you' a couple times) but Trump kept fumbling it by taking the distracting bait that Hillary threw out there. He allowed Hillary to make the open borders question become about Putin, for example, instead of hammering her on it.

Like the first debate Trump didn't prosecute Hillary sufficiently. He's supposed to be this great negotiator and instead he gets distracted by defending his ego.

Puppet!
    Such a nasty lady!

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

16. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The networks won.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

17. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can Trump ever win in your eyes?

18. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, they will always think their candidate "won", no matter the reality, but I'm no big believer in how debates turn elections. These three probably won't either and spin is for campaign workers, but the internet disagrees with me there, too.

Hillary called Trump a puppet first, when it's known that she's a Soros/Wall Street puppet herself and I do think she was marginally ahead in the polls, so she had everything to lose, Trump did not.

She also couldn't explain why she flip-flopped about Iraq and the wall at all. Her closing statement was just awful in comparison to Trump's, this was a debate between a human being and a robot at times.

Hillary was just awful and another question she didn't answer was about the pay to play, which has come up again today. He had to do "okay", she had to show up and stand her ground but she didn't.

19. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He did win a handful of states with a majority of voters late in the primary season, and I think he won the second debate, otherwise I can't think of anything he's won of late.

• Like Like x 1
  20. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think of neither candidate as my candidate.