1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who won the Republican debate tonight (Thursday)?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LadyEagle, Jan 10, 2008.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Exactly right! Paul's foreign policy is a huge disaster waiting to happen. He is completely clueless.

2. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

He is the most anti-American nominee to come down the pike since the Communist party and I am ashamed to have him in Congress. Texas should be ashamed of him.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

How should I know? Maybe he had other things to do. I mean it' isn't like I have Ron Paul on speed dial or anything. I'm pretty sure it wasn't because he had to practice his scripted answers or visit his hair stylist and cosmotolgist before the next so called "debate" though. :D

He was on Hannity and Colmes, btw. Or, see Sean twist, twist Sean twist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ysxXWab_bg

Ron says in the video that he would love to debate Rudy on foreign policy. I'd love to see that too! I'd also love to see Sean give Ron a chance to explain his position without accusing him of being unpatriotic and repeating Goering and Goebbel's propaganda over and over and over again too. I doubt either will ever happen though.

I'd love to see your definition of "american" then. Have a go at it for us will you?

#23 poncho, Jan 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2008
  4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ron Paul at best has 10% of Republicans behind him.

In these United States elections are a lot more about personalities than substance. Substance does count but the more photogenic and eloquent a candidate is the better his/her chance of winning. I doubt that Abraham Lincoln(as well as some other past presidents) would have been able to even win his party's nomination in today's electoral environment.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We really need to get past hyperbole in political discussions in this country and be able to disagree without impugning the integrity of those with whom we have policy disagreements. This is especially important for we Christians to do so as not to harm our witness to the unsaved.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    He also has no practical chance of being president or being in a leadership position in the U.S. congress.

I am still surprised at the amount of time that people spend lambasting him unmercifully on this board and elsewhere.

7. PastorSBC1303

Exactly! ! !

8. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

You think I am engaging in hyperbole? Let me ask you a question. How did we Americans invite the 9/11 attack? What did we do to deserve such a horrible thing. I NEVER WANT TO SEE AMERICANS JUMPING FROM 80 STORIES AGAIN BECAUSE THEY HAD TO MAKE A DECISION TO JUMP OR BURN!! Iraq is a good a place as any to fight these monsters.

9. PastorSBC1303

Since when is analyzing his foreign policy considered lambasting?

I have nothing against Ron Paul. I am sure he is a good guy, he loves our country and he has the best intentions. I will admit he is right on some things.

But his foreign policy is crazy. And lets not be silly and make any comparisions to Abraham Lincoln and other past presidents. We really have no idea what their platforms would be in the current world. I, for one, believe Abe would be able to access the current world stituation and do way better than Paul on foreign policy.

10. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

<Dixie Chicks moment>

We Paulites need to know what music you listen to, Ps104_33, so we can all boycott it.

</moment>

Just kidding of course.

11. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Gospel bluegrass

12. Ivon Denosovich

Well... those CD's aren't selling anyway.

:D

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) I consider this to be lambasting: "He is the most anti-American nominee to come down the pike since the Communist party and I am ashamed to have him in Congress. Texas should be ashamed of him."

2) Do you really believe that Abraham Lincoln would be successful in the TV age? I don't. Maybe I don't believe that substance counts as much with today's voters as you do.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess I can like you after all. :thumbs:

:)

15. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Didnt Ron Paul make a comment in one of the debates that Lincoln's decision to go to war was a bad one?

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Monkey see monkey do Ken. :smilewinkgrin:

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) We didn't invite the 9/11/2001 attack. However, are you familiar with the concept of blowback?

2) We should have finished the job in Afghanistan and wiped out al Qaeda, Osama bin Laden, and the Taliban there in the fall of 2001. If we had, then there would be no al Qaeda in Iraq to fight.

By the way, can you disagree with people over policy without attacking their character and demonizing them?

18. Ivon Denosovich

He said the idea was unnecessary and cited as proof that all of Europe eliminated out slavery without a civil war. Paul liked the European idea of abolitionists buying slaves from the South and then setting them free which would have cost less and saved lives.

Btw, it was on Meet the Press, not a debate.

19. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Hey Ken. Please dont get me wrong. I agree on much of Pauls fiscal policies. I hate entitlements! But I still cry when I watch 9/11 footage.

BTW. What do you think of Mountain Heart. I love 'em.
    Did you ever hear of a Gospel band called "Sound Doctrine"?
    (not to side track)

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. And I agree. If had been around back then I would have certainly done what I could to support the CSA.

Besides, the rest of the civilized world was able to eliminate slavery peaceably without killing 600,000 of its own citizens in doing so.