1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Whosoever believes.... A discussion.

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by dianetavegia, Apr 15, 2005.

1. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

A Second and somewhat related issue is that this passage states "as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.”

Presumably "as the scripture hath said," means that this is an OT quote.

If so, where in the OT are these exact words used?

Or is it an allusion and if so, again of what OT Scripture?

HankD
    </font>[/QUOTE]I believe that Jesus is using a moment to "commentate" on what scripture is saying-----what He is doing is---He is drawing from a selection of scripture and making a comment on them as a combined whole

Look up:

Deut 18:15----speaks of the Prophet who will rise from among the people----Jesus fulfilled this scriputre

Then Jesus takes a select portion out of two different books----Proverbs and Isaiah and comments

Proverbs 18:4

Isaiah 12:3

Isaiah 44:3

Also see---John 4:14

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank You Blackbird.

I was thinking of the following passage also:

Song of Solomon 4
    15 A fountain of gardens, a well of living waters, and streams from Lebanon.

In the context the "wind" breaks open the sealed fountain of "living waters" of the beloved spouse.

12 A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed...

16 Awake, O north wind; and come, thou south; blow upon my garden, that the spices thereof may flow out. Let my beloved come into his garden, and eat his pleasant fruits.

HankD

3. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

A person who has living water flowing from within will demonstrate Christ's love.

Someone who claims salvation but demonstrates 0% Christlikeness is, in truth, probably not a Christian. This verse is intending to say that salvation brings about a permanent change.

I for one think we should spend more time trying to show Christ's love and less time trying to decide who is not saved.

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten...:"

HankD