1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why am I here>>???

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by ROSAMARIA FABRIZIO, Mar 5, 2007.

1. ROSAMARIA FABRIZIO

ROSAMARIA FABRIZIO New Member

Why am I here on earth and what for>? Are there any answers to that question,,,,,,, thank you.......... I was approached by a person asking me that question: why am I here? Can you all please help me..:1_grouphug: ..... thank you, again........:godisgood:

2. amity

amity New Member

To worship God, of course!

Question #1 in most any catchism!

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Sounds like you're asking "what is the meaning of life?"

God is the meaning of life. To glorify, worship and praise Him. He is our purpose and we exist for His pleasure. Without God, we live only to please ourselves. It's a totally self-centered existence and the reason why so many people spend their lives searching for the "thing" that gives their lives meaning. We can either live a God-centered life or a self-centered life. The God-centered life brings purpose and joy because we were created to please God. The self-centered life brings frustration and misery because we can never fill that void in our hearts that belongs to God. :)

4. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Some BB members wanna' ask the same question about me, here on these pages!

:laugh: [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ed

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Even though many here hate it, I would suggest the purpose driven life by Rick Warren. It's elementary, easy to read, and outlines why we are here.

6. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I've always wondered the same thing. What purpose am I serving that someone else couldn't do just as well if not better? I know we are meant to worship, glorify and serve God, but otherwise what good am I? I have no money to do anything but sit at home. I couldn't give to the poor what I don't have. I'm barely getting by myself.

The pastor I mentioned in the thread about abusive pastors called me selfish because I told him I wasn't willing to go without to give to others. If not being willing to deprive yourself of what you need (I'm not talking about wants but NEEDS) is selfish, then I guess I will have to be selfish. The thing is, I spent a lot of money on that pastor and his family, but apparently it wasn't enough.

7. ROSAMARIA FABRIZIO

ROSAMARIA FABRIZIO New Member

Thank you all..........

Jon-Marc... :praying: Everthing is well with you, is it??? And I just appreciate all who responded to this so far...:godisgood: rosamaria :wavey:

8. DodgeRamFanatic

DodgeRamFanatic New Member

Hey, Jon-Marc, just remember: every time you pass out a gospel tract, every time you witness to your co-workers, acquaintances, friends, family members, etc., every time you reach out to a brother/sister in Christ in emotional need, you are doing some of the most important things in the world. And mark this down: if you are doing your level best to stay in God's will, serve Him with everything you've got, and obey His Word, He will bless you for that and use you in amazing ways.

One more thing: you can reach out to folks that I may never meet on this planet. You probably can witness to others and draw them outta their shell better than anyone else on this board. Or you might be someone that can encourage fellow believers with a simple hearty handshake and a quiet "Prayin' for ya, Bro." That's huge!
    DRF

9. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Regardless of what we would like to think we are here for, we are here for one simple reason...because it glorifies God.

In the grand scheme of things, our lives really don't amount to much to anyone but God.

The only reason we were created is because God wants His glory. It's that simple.

Whatever else is going on in our lives, whether seemingly good or bad, we should remember just why we are here and we should give glory, through praise and worship, to God always.

We try to make life too complicated sometimes.

10. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I certainly don't mean to sound like I feel useless, and I'm not doing anything for the Lord. For over 40 years I have served the Lord in every capacity in church except that of pastor. I've been to Bible college and studied music to make better use of the talent in music God gave me. I have lead congregational singing and sung specials in church for most of those years.

However, the last few years my health has greatly deteriorated. I have developed allergies and a chronic cough that interfere greatly with my singing. I have high blood pressure, and I'm on pills for that. I get so frustrated and discouraged because I feel I'm not able to use the talent He gave me as I once did because of sickness and physical pain. I hurt from my neck on down, and I'm just 2 and a half weeks from being 61--still a young man.:laugh: Of course, the men in my family don't live longer than age 70, which is fine with me.

11. DodgeRamFanatic

DodgeRamFanatic New Member

It's OK, you didn't come across like that. Hey, God's in control. He hasn't forgotten you, just because you can't serve Him like you used to. He might have a plan for your life that He otherwise couldn't put into practice if you were in the best of health. :)
    DRF

#11 DodgeRamFanatic, Mar 16, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2007
  12. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

God set you apart for the service you gave all those years. Who knows why at age 61 things seem to be falling apart healthwise............ I'd love to have a pat answer that everyone could hang their hat on.

I guess the answer is walk in faith believing that God loves you, since he definitely does.

As to the OP: As a teenager I remember asking why am I here, why is there an earth, why is there anything. Getting older, I just settled in to the fact that God created me. I'm part of a loooooong line of his creation. I'll let him take care of the rest, including where I fit into his plan. It's important to realize that his plan was put in motion before there was anything. He was "here," but outside of space and time, a Spirit. No one planned him. No one created him. No one told him what to do. NOW --- all of that is beyond human understanding, soooooooooooo I don't lose any sleep over it. Amen.

#12 DQuixote, Mar 16, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2007