1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WHY are Baptists So Fragmented?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Dr. Bob, Jun 14, 2001.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You might as well ask, Why are Catholics so fragmented? Why are Episcopalians? Why are Lutherans? Why are Mormons? Why are JWs?

Only one answer: Because, unfortunately, we're human.

Current case: The church I left last summer just "church disciplined" (in this case, I use the term very loosely) two more families; they've joined with another family that was "church disciplined" about 3 months after I left the church, and have decided to start their own church.

Why didn't they just hook up with one of the 3 existing independent baptist churches, instead of starting a 5th? (remember, they were kicked out of the 4th)

If you can answer that--and I can't--then you can answer Dr. Bob's question....

2. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Don,

Because we're human--exactly right. That's also why there are so many denominations, but I don't think a large number of denominations is a bad thing per se.

3. Maria

Maria New Member

WHY are we so fragmented? by Dr. Bob Griffen

Theres so many reason. Looking to ourself being so righteous causeth pride and predudice. We focus on ourselves too much rather than to fucus unto Jesus and be us one.
    The problem is not being fragmented the problem is us we listen we follow but we don't consult God. We read the word of God but we don't take heart.
    It does'nt matter if we fragmented we all go to the same place that we belong
    Maria

[​IMG] ;)