1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why are many young people leaving the church?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jul 16, 2014.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

While I personally do not use a digital device for my Bible [Wouldn't know how to use it!], I don't see that there's a real problem in using one if a person chooses to do so.

Many people at the church of which I'm a member do use them, including some of our "preaching elders."

I like to write notes or cross references in my Bible---something that (as far as I know)---can't be done on a digital Bible.

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

I've got a Sony 2-in-1 that I use on the job and for some personal uses. Mostly I use Note Anytime for making notes on construction sites, and I can store them into the individual house file during the construction process.

But I've also got Kindle software on my tablet with the NASB Key Word Study Bible on it. I can also hand-write sermon notes on the tablet and attach them to the specific passage the pastor speaks on. Now I don't have a drawer full of sermon notes that I can never find. It's all electronic.

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ''I like to write notes or cross references in my Bible---something that (as far as I know)---can't be done on a digital Bible.'

Any decent Bible program has a note option that attaches the note to the verse under study, or a note feature to just jot down info. mybible.info is a great android one, e-sword is great for windows and there is an ipad version I believe.

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, it CAN be done digitally. I use an app called MySword. Allows me to make individual verse notes; has a function where I can "code" cross-references; also allows me to create "journals" for general topics (for example, I created a journal for church camp, where I was able to create an entry for each camp "tabernacle session," complete with verse references that I can tap and go to immediately).

And like TND, for "on the fly" stuff, I have an app that I can write with my finger or a stylus pen.

Digital isn't for everyone; it's like the KJV-only or KJV-preferred discussion. If we're gonna say "no digital bibles," then we might as well say "everyone *has* to use *only* the ESV."

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll take my hard copy Bible any day over a electronic one.

Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of younger folks wouldn't be able to find several books in a hard copy - without using the index.

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

My ESV Study Bible app has three tabs: Study Bible, ESV and My Notes. You can absolutely write notes in a digital Bible! :)

But I do still prefer my paper Bible since I'm more of a visual person but when I don't have that with me, I'm grateful that I can still have the Bible with me at all times!

7. thisnumbersdisconnected

I would submit being able to find it in a hardcopy isn't nearly so important as finding it, period.

8. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

I was about to submit to the same. If I can get students comfortable with the use of an index and or references, then I have made a "small dent" in their progress to being a life long learner.