1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why are there so many pastors active on the Baptist Board?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by mioque, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

MR

I agree with some others. What in heaven's name is going on down there!

Many small Baptist churches are sick, ingrown, unhealthy, disfunctional social clubs. What is going on in your churches that "pastors" don't even want to show up for Sunday night or Wednesday night.

It sounds like the churches you mentioned are clergy killers!

Pastors need social interaction with others that is safe and anonymous. I can't think of a better place than BB if kept in perspective.

I like to unwind by discussing theology. Terrible me.

2. mountainrun

mountainrun New Member

It's a disaster around here.
    I'll repeat about my church.
    The last two pastors have been chronically absent.
    Their predecessor split the church.

The CMA across town just released a pastor who was into forgery and embezzlement of church funds.
    HIS predecessor was described as "extremely lazy."

The current pastor on the Cheyenne reservation to the south was a homeless man who finangled his way into the position by begging to be the interim and driving out anyone who opposed him becoming the FT pastor and taking advantage of the non confrontational disposition of the remaining members. He makes one disastrous decision after the other.
    The association refuses to support him or the church financially as does our church.

The SBC church in the town to the north of us just left under a cloud of some sort. I have no idea what's going on around here, but it's a mess.

I'd say it's the other way around. Of course a pastor would NEVER think it was anyone's fault but the congregation's.

3. Gib

Gib Active Member

When it is a "lazy pastor", why doesn't the church do something about it?

4. mountainrun

mountainrun New Member

Weak leadership was the description I got from a godly former pastor of mine from Wyoming when I asked for his guidance in the matter.

The problems with the last pastor's absenteeism were brought before the deacons and the pastor, acknowledged and covered up.

My Wyoming pastor said that maybe God was telling me this was not the church for my wife and I.

As you can see, there was no where else to go.

mcgyver's situation is encouraging. Things can be turned aroung if our new pastor is the Spirit led man I believe him to be.

MR

5. mcgyver

mcgyver New Member

MR

Here is another thought for you...Perhaps that this church is where the Holy Spirit has truly placed you to serve, and perhaps He is using you as one of His instruments in order to re-establish the work He began there......

I am comforted knowing that it is God's church, and that He is fully able to take care of His church!

Keep the faith, brother! [​IMG]

6. Window Wax

Window Wax New Member

When I was younger I dated my pastor's daughter, and I was at their home just about every day "after hours." I saw first hand what kind of work he put in, and most people in the church would never know. At that time the church was unable to support him financially, so he also had a full time job in construction. The church has now grown large enough to pay him, so he is able to focus on his ministry full time.

window_wax

7. Gib

Gib Active Member

Covered up the fact? Sounds like somebody has fallen asleep on the job, not just that pastor.

8. mountainrun

mountainrun New Member

Yes indeed, Gib.

MR