1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why are you a I.F.B. KJV

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Bob Colgan, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Bob Colgan

Bob Colgan New Member

My attempt is to have a form that we who are I.F.B. K.J.V can lift each other up. I have been involved with various so called fundamental denominations and I am so glad to be back to the I.F.B.C. because of what I see going on out there. I believe the IFBC will make great gains in the comming years because of the liberal crazyness that out there in the Christian Church. My hope is that if your not a IFBC that you don't attack are belief I,m not asking if you agree or not I really don't care if you do are don't. This is a chance to lift up each other and to post what you love about the IFBC KJVO and what areas of improvement can be made.

Bob C [​IMG]

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The rules of the BB state that all topics dealing with the KJVO issue be moved to that forum.

ONLY KJVO are asked to post in this thread - please if you are not KJVO, move on.

[Let me add here on Dr. Bob's post that all non-KJVO posts (moderator's discretion) will be deleted without warning or comment - Pastor Bob]

[ September 20, 2004, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: Pastor_Bob ]

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Honest question as I don't want to violate Bob's wishes. I am somewhere between KJVO #1 and KJVO #2. Is that close enough if I want to praise both the IFB movement and the KJV?

4. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am been in the IFBC since my teen years. I have served as Assistant Pastor in two, and Pastor in one IFBC. The thing I most love about those churches that I have been involved in is the fruit. We have had young people surrender their lives to the Lord and are right now on the mission field or pastoring a church.

Typically, the standards are higher in an IFBC. I am all for high standards. As God's children, we are to give Him our very best in all that we do. (Ecc. 9:10)

In our church, we have dress standards which conform to the modesty principles set forth in the Word of God. We have standards for our Sunday school teachers. We have standards for our bus ministry workers. What I love about being an IFB is that my standards do not have to match your standards. You are free to lead the church of God as you feel God would have you lead the church; I am free to do the same.

What I love about the KJVO aspect of our church, is that it is somewhat of an identifier for the atmosphere of our church. In our area, if you don't use the KJV, then you are not considered a very solid church. I have had at least a half dozen telephone calls inquiring if we preach from the KJV.

Another positive aspect of holding to the position I hold to in regards to the KJV is that I can preach anywhere I am invited to preach and use my KJV and it is fine with the pastor and the people, even if the church isn't KJVO like we are. If I preached from a NASB, I would limit the opportunities that may have to preach.

What areas of improvements can be made? I really feel that many IFBC are too independent. They won't fellowship with anyone regardless of who they might be. If the church down the road isn't doing it exactly like they are, they look down on the other church and refuse to fellowship with them. I choose to take the attitude that Jesus took:
    Luke 9:49 And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us.
    50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us. (KJV)

5. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I'm now IFB KJVO because I feel that these churches are closer to the biblical example of what a church should be.

6. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Pro;
    1) You know which translation will be used and you can easily follow preacher as he reads and expounds Scripture.
    2) As stated earlier, fruit, more fruit and much fruit.
    3) Young people stick by the stuff.
    4) Bible teaching. Rock solid and continuous.
    5) More Bible preaching and teaching.
    6) Did I mention Bible teaching and preaching?
    7) not the least in importance, the all encompassing focus on God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit.
    8) Hymns only singing.
    9) Men look like and act like men, vice versa for women.
    10)Accessability of the Pastor. (so often I have been dismissed with an air of superiority by MV preachers)
    11) True forgiveness and real Matt 18 principles.
    12) Genuine fellowship with anyone in church. My church has a regular sunday attendance of over 1200. Not giant size but big enough that one COULD get lost in the shuffle. This does not happen. We have every one from lawyers and statesmen to plumbers and roofers and farmers. You NEVER feel "less than" when fellowshipping with any one in church. Not so in many MV churches I have visited.
    There are a few more that come to mind but for brevity, will quit here.
    Con;
    1) outright hatefulness of a FEW KJB supporters and preachers who have smeared a good thing.
    2)Seperation SOMETIMES IMO does go too far. We could be more receiving of others who name the name of Jesus. This is of course within certain Biblical limits but nevertheless we could be more accomodating to they who are of like faith but do not cross T's and dot I's like we do.
    3) More gracious to they of the world. One song we sing ( which I love but expresses the sort of mentality I am talking about) is called "Hold the Fort" and sometimes it seems we ARE in a seige mentality. This is unfortunate. I don't know what could solve this riddle. We must 'hold the fort' til Jesus comes but we must ALSO let some more folks into it.
    I can't really think of any more than this. Even after consulting my help-meet.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    At first she could list dozens of 'cons' but as she grew in the word she found her 'cons' became 'pros'.
    The same is true of myself. I once was a 'whateverist'. All sorts of mixed up doctrine followed. Then I met some MEN who knew the Book, and I have learned a lot since then. Funny thing. The MV'ers that I knew were all afraid of being a male human being. Seems they were stuck on feelings. The KJB'ers that I have known were not afraid to be a man. With feelings yes, but we (they) do not sit around in a group discussing how so'n'so's comment made us feel like crying. Y'know what I mean?
    Anyway, I am rambling
    have a good day
    In His service;
    Jim

7. Gayla

Gayla New Member

I'll agree with av1611jim's Pros and Cons and add that IFB gets to meet and individually decide which Missionaries to support or not support.

I also agree that IFB churches can be too independent.

8. Bob Colgan

Bob Colgan New Member

You know the longer I'm around in this Christian walk the more I see a need for balance. That is such a very hard to find and maintain without going to one extrem or the other. Dr Bob mentioned that the IFB often don't reach out to other churches that may be fairley close to there stance and I agree 100% but then you have those that reach out and start to comprimise I think it's a tough line to walk at times I tell you I would love to have a church that is very fundamental not KJVO but that use the kjv have a modest dress code the women aren't running around with tight dresses are very short dresses
    I personnely like some more contemerary songs again many contemporary songs imo are terrible and don't bring glory to God and of corse some of the old great hyms included But I guess the top of the list would be a people of TRUE LOVE
    among the brethern that stand strong on Gods Holy word.

Bob C

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Great post Bob - I like the sound of that church.

"The love of Christ constaineth us"

10. DeaconLew

DeaconLew New Member

I would like to break the silence and say that I am a KJVO, IFB. My church is Kingdom Baptist Church in Mansfield TX, where Joey Faust is the Pastor. Concerning pros and cons of the IFBC, one pro I would like to add is a genuine love for lost people or folks that have missed the way (Proverbs 11:30). Without a compassion for lost souls or fallen brethren we can fall into the "I'm holy and you are not..." trap. As far as letting some more folks in the fort, as long as they are coming to see Jesus that is just fine. The bible says that when they saw that Jesus was not there they took shipping (John 6:24). I believe that anyone who goes to a church where Jesus is not present should ship out. Jesus said where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them (Matthew 18:20). The only con that I have about the IFBC movement is the scism between other local churches. I would not fellowship with another IFBC church if they did not hold to the fundamentals, but if a "Non Denomination" church held to biblical principals and lived like that, they would be welcomed as far as I am concerned. We as believers ought to be able to, where we can without sin and in good conscience, fellowship with all of God's believing people. Kingdom Baptist is such a church. We have the right bible, the right music (biblical hymns played on the up beat [1 and 2]), we have the right gospel (John 3:16,18,36), we have the right hope (Phillipians 3:14 - Paul is already saved) and look forward to our meeting him in the air (1Thes 4:17)! I praise the Lord for the IFBC movement! Brethren, stay strong in the Lord and in the power of his might (Eph 6:10)! Knowing that in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Till my change come... -DeaconLew

[ September 28, 2004, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Pastor_Bob ]

11. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

You bet!
    In His service;
    Jim