1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why are you here? (sincere question)

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by FLMike, Apr 25, 2005.

1. whatever

whatever New Member

Suppose one man chooses to believe while another man does not. How do you explain the difference between the two men?

2. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Suppose one man chooses to believe while another man does not. How do you explain the difference between the two men? </font>[/QUOTE]Guess I am not following your train of thought Whatever. Does not what I said earlier explain? I don't believe God makes anyone believe but gives them the ability too. By HIS works as earlier stated.

tim

3. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

What's that got to do with "Why are you here? Why don't you start a topic on Choice?

4. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Sorry Wes, guess I took off on this from a qoute earlier
    (qouted in my post). Bowing out.

5. whatever

whatever New Member

It has to do with how Arminians view God, which is exactly what the OP asked about.

6. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

There are a number of existing topics related to the OP, I see the question as one of why such a divisive forum exists. Rather than the specifics of the diverse doctrines.

7. here now

here now Member

Bro. James says:
    General rule: if man gets any glory whatsoever, there is something wrong with the theology. If man can choose good from bad using his faith then he can boast. That is completely contrary to the plain teaching of scripture.

It has to be 100% grace not 99 plus 1 or any other admixture.

I say:
    Preach it, Brother James, preach it!

8. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Bro. James is quite wrong! Faith is not a "tool" that one uses, it is the condition of one's spirit resulting from the use of the tools that God gave to man in creating him.

The "Tools" include: Hearing, thinking, reasoning, listening, reading, seeing, feeling, tasting, etc., all of which are tools that man uses to cause the condition of his spirit to be that of faith or lacking faith. These tools are the information gathering tools that man uses merely to survive. The gathering is of information, the information about God is contained not only in the "book of writings" we call the bible, the word of God comes to us in and from a variety of sources, including the creation itself.

The result of Adam eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is that man does know the difference...inherently! Without proper instruction, man will by nature choose evil over good because evil is fun!

Sinning is fun, that's why it is a multi-trillion dollar business globally, and why church is a paultry multi-billion dollar business globally.

However, with proper instruction, man can and often does choose good over evil. None of that however deals directly with God's redemption of man. Which is the reason for the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world, SIN, and the book of life also from the foundation of the world. REDEMPTION FROM SIN.

God gave 12 men to His Son to teach, and in a mere 3 1/2 years, they ALL graduated magna cum laude from the University of Jesus, Class of 33AD, save for the one whom God elected to be the betrayer when the time was right. It is these men that God instructed to Go into the world and make disciples of all nations. They wrote down all they could regarding that Lamb of God slain, and the result is the building of a church based on the single principle of who and what Jesus is e.g., Peter's confession!

Bro. James is expressing his opinion and you are agreeing with it. I don't believe either of you are correct, because you are setting aside too many details to be correct!

By the way, There is an old Baptist Hymnal hymn that contains the words, "that will be glory, be glory for me! It was popular in Baptist churches in the 30s, 40s, 50s and early 60s. the chorus, "Oh that will be glory for me, Glory for me, Glory for me, When by his grace I shall look on his face, that will be Glory, be glory for me."

So what is this modern religion you are espousing?