1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why are you on the BB?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by John of Japan, May 3, 2008.

?

Why I am on the Baptist Board

Poll closed May 23, 2008.
  1. Hobby--the BB keeps me occupied

11 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. Reading--I like to read what others post

12 vote(s)
    14.5%
  3. Doctrine--I want to push the doctrines I believe

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. False Doctrine--I want to correct wrong doctrine

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  5. Blessing--I want to be a blessing to others

6 vote(s)
    7.2%
  6. Friendship--I enjoy the people I meet here

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  7. Mischief--I like to get people stirred up

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Debate--I enjoy discussing & debating

14 vote(s)
    16.9%
  9. Growth--I learn a lot here

23 vote(s)
    27.7%
  10. Other

9 vote(s)
    10.8%
  1. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

It has changed over the years. At first it was a place where I could vent, and boy did I ever. Now that I have come to know some people, and realize that there are people with a lot more knowledge than me, it has chanched to a place of friendship and learning.
    I care for a lot of people here, and I really can't think of a single person I dislike.
    love,

Sopranette

#61 Sopranette, May 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2008
  2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well said, Sister Sopranette.

And I want to echo what a couple of others have said: the women on the BB are wonderful! :thumbs:

3. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

The way I've been treated here the last couple of days, I'm not sure why I stay here.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

With the filthy mouth you have, you are one to talk. Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you. You are truly THE BB hypocrite.

5. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

See what I mean? I wasn't even talking to this guy and just out of nowhere, he takes it upon himself to come and attack me.

Yes, you're right. I did lose my temper and say a naughty word to you. That's completely my fault and something that I have to repent to God for.

I should have known to keep my cool and not to let your constant attacks or your rude PMs get to me, but I didn't.

God bless you, Webdog. I'm praying for you and that you'll get over whatever this thing is you have about attacking me for no reason.

#65 Mike McK, May 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2008
  6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Strike up the swan song...

What a martyr :rolleyes:

Your filthy, curse filled PM has been forwarded to the administrators, BTW. If what flows from the mouth comes from the heart, you have real issues.

#66 webdog, May 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2008
  7. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I don't think one profanity, uttered in a moment of frustration out of being contantly attacked really constitutes "curse filled".

You're absolutely right. I think that did reveal something about my heart. I think it revealed that I need to learn to let your constant personal attacks go, like Jesus let the attacks against Him go, rather than responding to you in kind.

I wonder what your constant and unprovoked attacks on me says about what's in your heart.

In any event, God bless you. I'm praying for you.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The prayer of the righteous availeth much. Do a heart check to see if praying for me would even be worth your (or my) time.

9. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Praying for somebody is never a waste of time.

God bless you. Still praying for you.

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You have really fooled the BB since 2001. You don't fool me. If you see nothing wrong with you, I don't know what else to say.

Consider yourself on ignore.

11. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I see plenty wrong with me but, in all fairness to me, I don't think that being frustrated one time at taking a considerable amount of abuse undoes seven years of good fruit.

I don't know what made you decide to jump all over me like this, in this thread, the "food stamps" thread, and in PMs, but you really might want to consider sitting down and talking to somebody, maybe a pastor or a doctor who can help you with this aggressive and abusive behavior.

God bless you and consider yourself being prayed for.

12. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Hey, I know I've done this before, but just for the sake of being accountable, my pastor's email is pastor_jim@[email protected]

As always, I invite anyone who sees a problem with anything I post to email him and let him know about your concerns.