1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why aren’t we calling the Oregon occupiers ‘terrorists?’

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Jan 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Oh well. I say the same about you and some mailing lists lol. But it's all well and good.

That's all well and good too. I tend to support folks who seem to want to treat people the way that Christ did. ;)

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yeah but you wouldn't be the first to do that.

"Seem" to want to?

Christ told us to judge a tree by it's fruits not by it's bark. An apple tree "seems" to be a pear tree until the apples become visible.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I say seem to because I have to wait to see the fruit. There are A LOT of folks who want to put on the guise of doing that which bears fruit . And then you find out their true motives.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Talk about slanted. That was almost as bad as Fox NewsCautious

"We aren't terrorists. We're Americans who just want to fix this country".

They are terrorists. A 12 year old black child can't even stand in the park with a toy without being murdered. But let a bunch of good ole boys show up with their guns, and it's all let's wait and see.:rolleyes:

Had a group of Blacks or Muslims shown up and taken over a federal building like that, there would already be body bags stacked.

They are terrorists and a whitewashed report from Infowars trying to make them seem harmless doesn't change that.

#106 Zaac, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Goalposts are no longer on the field anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

#108 poncho, Jan 5, 2016
  9. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I swear they must teach these mental gymnastics at an early age in Texas.

10. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you say you slow down and reread that whole exchange there Tex. You might realize just how ridiculous you are making yourself look with these claims of lying. Lets see if you can comprehend a sequential conversation on a message board. You are going to have to read all the words though. Try really hard and I know you will see the error here. Maybe you will find out that you owe both me and ITL an apology. I'm guessing your ego will prevent this from happening.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Carpro thinks my last post is dumb. What a surprise, the other Texan doesn't seem to understand it either. LOL.

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Not a single word of that changes what the BLM movement has done or is trying to do. And letting one black preacher speak negatively about them doesn't negate the positive things that far more black preachers have said about them and what they are doing.

That's a mitchell move. I expect more than that from you.:D

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because there may be a reverse difference Zaac. I think you already know the following:

OR
    Have you forgotten how this nation was historically born? - As an act of rebellion to a "tyrannical" government. Remember the Declaration of Independence?

Therefore (most, many, some - pick your qualifier) Americans with this historical knowledge would say that these citizens "seizing" the so-called "government property" in Oregon are acting under the EXACT reason the founding fathers included the Second Amendment in the creation of the Bill of Rights.

Am I wrong?

I am not saying I am one of these folk but I am responding to your seeming enigma.

I personally see some serious storm clouds developing on the horizon (possibly) and this may be the beginning.

The proverbial "Divide et impera" principle (but from whom and from whence doth it come?)

HankD

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know I'm off-topic; but if you're gonna use Tamir Rice as an appeal to emotion regarding this topic, then let's be honest: A 12-year old black kid who was using a toy gun that had it's federally-required orange tip removed; who had been reported to police because he was waving it at pedestrians and passers-by (who, in other cases, have mistaken broomsticks and umbrellas for rifles); and who made a gesture towards the toy weapon in his belt when police arrived, obviously emulating a stereotype of resisting police authority.

• Like Like x 1
  15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I did touch on that Hank in another post when I mentioned the Boston Tea Party.

No enigma. I said to Poncho that I was rather thrilled their actions were highlighting this gross injustice to the Hammond family at the hands of the government. It still amounts to the legal definition of terrorism. But again, so did the Boston Tea Party.
    Perhaps. This type of thing has flown under the radar for a long time. This reminds me of the type of stuff the IRS would do if you didn't do what they wanted. They'd basically bully people or threaten jail time to get folks to comply.

They want that land, specifically for its mineral rights. THAT's really why the Hammonds are going to jail. They wouldn't sale so now this whole controlled fire farce is being used.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You know, he's a pastor and it's hard for me to take anything he says seriously when I read stuff like:

[​IMG]

He's a loon.

18. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks

I probably would have caved and sold - I'm getting up there - in my 7th decade.

HankD

19. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I love this guy! He's got you and the #Black Lives Matter people pegged in this video. You "seem" to want white people to feel guilty about being white, you "seem" to enjoy the idea of seeing white people groveling and "walking on eggshells" to atone for something most white people aren't even guilty of.

It's hard for me to take anything you say serious when you keep using language that divides people along racial lines and accusing other Christians of being un - Christ like, evil and hateful for not doing the same. I hate to break this to you but Christ wouldn't act like that.

#119 poncho, Jan 5, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    ITL lied. Tried to say I said people wanted to go to the refuge but couldn't. I never said that. I asked for evidence that people had been killed, injured, or even threatened.

I suggest it is you who should take a good reading comprehension class.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.