1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why attack Calvinism? Luther too? :)

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Edward63, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What utter trash. Don't you even hesitate to print such bunk without checking things out the truth? Read some solid Church History. You are so off the beam it is crazy.

Try to compare the Council of Trent documents with the Westminster Confession of Faith for instance, and then attempt to demonstrate that both groups were really saying the same thing. It cannot be done.

2. Edward63

Edward63 Member

P4T, I think I may owe you an apology. I could have jumped to judge you earlier without considering the type of nut-cases you are dealing with here. :laugh: If you are willing to accept my apology and forgive me, I'd like to restart with you as a brother in Christ.
    Ed

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pure arrogance...........

4. Gorship

Gorship Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Except for all the times I have watched Calvinism get brought to its logical conclusion about hell bound little children and the topic changes all of a sudden or the thread closes.

The more I continue on these forums the more the "Beast" of calvinism turns into a cute little puppy dog.

5. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I forgive you my brother. I love you in Christ and hold no grudge toward you. Forgive me as well. Welcome to BB.

6. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really! Like I've always said before you always accuse men of what you are most guilty of. This is your judgement but you see I'm not yours to judge. Stop fooling your self. and you never will be.

That's funny Arminians and Calvinist came from the same Roman Catholic Church. And you judge them because they wouldn't go along with your theology of God forcing men to be saved. Therefore everyone who disagrees with you all, you call them Arminians. Why ? Because you can't believe there was any other church but Catholic in the beginning. Your still Catholic the only difference between you and them the changes they made. You still hold to the fool Augustine.
    Calvinism has never been Biblical. It is a false interpretation of the Bible which you cannot prove with scripture alone. That means with out your interpretation, and that of other Calvinist.
    MB

7. preacher4truth

double post

8. preacher4truth

All you say about the true God here is only a reflection of your heart toward Him. In all this I still love you in Him.

9. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've been checking out Calvinism for a very long time and I know what I'm talking about.
    Don't worry I always have refuted Calvinism and I will continue to do so. With or without your approval. What I have said about the reformers is a matter of History. Of course your Calvinist church history isn't going to say any thing negative about them selves
    I could not care less what the council of trent had to say. They're just a bunch of Catholics claiming they have biblical truth when they don't and never did.
    MB

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's worse than a Canadian tea totler ...

A Consumer of Molson products...skunky!:laugh:

11. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope wasn't a personal attack on me because, first, you opened with the both sides of mouth argument [note my signature] and I would think that makes "you" sound like me. :tongue3: [I'll take the later as a compliment, BTW ;)]

Second, if it was a personal attack, then I would have to ask then what are you doing Mr."Infantile Bickering" Man if in one breath you...ah, nevermind, ...I think you might be logical enough to know where I'm getting at here. :D

P.S. I was thinking to tell Op all about his opening question begging argument fallaciously hinging on that exhaustive foreknowledge must lead to determinism along with his attempt to discount the Divine attribute of Omnibenevolence while he also assumes God isn't Omnipotent enough to truly create creature with human freedom which He could interact with in truth...but forget it now! :(

#31 Benjamin, Jul 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2013
  12. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This from a man who whole-heartedly backs the use of the sword to kill some and exile countless others over some broken down piece of real estate . . . all because of doctrine.

See? I can do that too.

Martin Luther: one of my all-time heroes of the Faith. :thumbs:

13. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm your huckleberry. Let's roll.

14. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

[​IMG][​IMG]

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :wavey:
    Doc Holiday vs Johnny Ringo...its been done...interesting turn of phrase however.

16. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you kidding me!!! Are you serious!!! BRING a "CALVINIST" to a "LOGICAL CONCLUSION"!!! That'd be the day when they allow THAT to HAPPEN!!

Good luck wit dat...:thumbs:

P.S. OH! My bad, you said bring "Calvinism" to a logical conclusion, not a "Calvinist"...Whew! I was beginning to wonder what planet you were from. :smilewinkgrin:

#36 Benjamin, Jul 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2013
  17. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calvinisim does not teach that. You are deliberatedly stating untruths or are totally out of the loop.

The only regenerate folks with the kind that differs with Calvinistic theology (aside from Amyraldianism) is Arminianism.

Better be careful who you call that. There is a high degree of possibility that you haven't read much of Augustine. So you don't don't know what you are talking about.

You and Van are two of a kind.

18. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are as much in the dark about it now as you were five years ago.
    You and Church History do not get along very well.

That's the ticket just stay uninformed in the turtle position.

Since you have no knowledge of the Council of Trent you wouldn't know that it opposes Calvinism at nearly every point. But since you thnk Calvinism and Catholicism are nearly the same thing then that would ruin your favorite theme.

19. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

And just who would that be that kills some and exiles others over some broken down piece of real estate.

So you think living in a country where someone else has done something you think is wrong, is the same as directly causing and consenting to death of people for religious reasons? So that means if I simply move out of the country, problem solved right! You and Ahmadinejad have that in common.

20. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Just because the Council of Trent opposes Calvinism IN SOME PLACES doesn't mean that Calvinism is not connected to the RCC. The CoT does not agree with Augustine in many places, and yet there is no question about Augustine's influence on the RCC and his canonization. And there is certainly no question about how much agreement there is among Augustine and Calvin (a criminal similarity).