1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why Calvin and not Luther?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Rebel, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As one who majored in Church History (and theology!) you endorse the material that Cloud puts out? I guess that shouldn't surprise anyone.

The man couldn't even get the dates right, much less the rest of the article BJ cited.
    I have given quotes by more than two dozen legitimate Church History and Calvin scholars who consistently have put the lie to your reckless and sinful charges regarding Calvin.

You don't deal in facts regarding Calvin --you are indistinguishable from the hacks you cite.
    The Judgment Seat awaits you with your constant stream of such vile talk.
    Oh it certainly applies to you "Doc" Rebel.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calvin though did understand more clearly the truth of saved by grace alone, faith alone, as Luther still had some of his RCC theology creep into his take on the sacraments!

3. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

Why should anyone listen to what you have to say? You can't communicate without insults and personal attacks. And despite the overwhelming evidence from many different people and sources, including the words from the mouths of the guilty parties themselves, you continue to deny the truth, which shows the truth is not in you. You have absolutely no integrity. You are as bad as those whom you erroneously defend.

And a word of warning: You should be very careful when you utter such things as I have put in bold. You are treading dangerous ground and are very close to the edge. God will not tolerate it. Despite my reaching out to you, you have shown no desire to make peace but continue in the same manner with all your insults, attacks, and falsehoods. You should take heed to what I am saying. God is patient, but His patience is not unlimited.

#23 Rebel, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2015
  4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then be like a petulant child and put your little hands over your ears then.
    You are unhinged.
    On the contrary, I proclaim it.
    You are filled with falsehood.
    Absolutely, huh? You are in hyperbolic drive.
    I wish I was "as bad" as John Calvin.
    Oh? You think you will get a reprieve from judgment? You need to review Ro. 14:10,12;1 Cor. 4:5 and 2 Cor. 5:10.
    You have long siince gone over the edge Mr. Rebel.
    With your vile manner?!

You take the proverbial cake "Doc."

5. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

Please tone down the rhetoric and post as Christians ought to post.

This is addrressed to all involved here.

#25 Rebel, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2015