1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why China Does Capitalism Better Than the U.S.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Talk of your robber barons!

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WOW! That will make for a happy labor force!

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh have you guys seen or heard the DONALD Trump comment about how the President is dealing with China. Ive heard Donno may be entertaining throwing his hair in the ring. Heck, he has a better handle on how to handle them than does BO & his Red cocktail dress wife.

4. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

And high quality products?

5. billwald

billwald New Member

You all think people are happier at $13/hour?

Quality is related to quality control. The Chinese don't have any. Their labor cost is so low that Wal-Mart doesn't care if they sell junk. If 10% of the sales are returned they will still make money.

6. targus

targus New Member

Do you have a source for your $13 per hour figure?

I have been looking and can't find anything.

7. rbell

rbell Active Member

It came from his union newsletter.

You've been looking in the wrong places.

Look in the "fiction" section at Books-a-Million.

8. rbell

rbell Active Member

Crabby's posted crazy stuff before...but this is nutso even for him. You'd figure that a leftist like him would be upset over human rights violations.

I guess forced abortions don't bother him.
    I guess no religious freedom doesn't bother him.
    I guess no freedom of speech doesn't bother him.
    I guess the imprisonment of dissidents doesn't bother him.

Wow, Crabby. And you want people to take your views seriously?

9. billwald

billwald New Member

10. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The thread is about economic policy, not civil rights. If you want to discuss civil rights in China start another thread. I'll be happy to discuss it with you.

Apparently you did not read where I talked about always being happy during my stays in China that I had a US passport and knew I would come home in time.

Please stay on topic.

If you do a bit of research you will see that China is following a very capitalistic economic policy. Their civil policy is very totalitarian. The question now facing the world is which is better capitalism under a totalitarian government or capitalism under a democratic government. I opt for the democratic government.

11. billwald

billwald New Member

EVERYTHING IS about economics/money. Especially if one considers that "time is money."

On the other hand, some people will try to turn a thread about chicken soup into a rant on abortion.

12. rbell

rbell Active Member

*snicker*

First of all...no you won't. You don't discuss anything you don't think you have the upper hand in. You disappear.

Secondly, a "stay on topic" admonition from Craby is like listening to Keith Olbermann sing the "Barney" theme song. Once you get over the shock of the statement itself, it's kind of funny.

Finally, you can't simply separate the concepts of "this freedom" versus "that freedom." China is a joke when it comes to freedom. All those possessing IQ points to the left of the decimal point are aware of such.

For someone to claim China holds the superior position with regards to ANY aspect of freedom--well, that person is either delusional, or so leftist that their credibility becomes the official illustration under the heading "intellectual dishonesty."

Crabby subscribes to the "sort of pregnant" approach with regards to freedom. He thinks you can divide freedom up--and be totalitarian in one sense, while free as a bird in another.

Oh...and if you disagree? You have a character flaw, that can only be cured by Crabby assigning you homework.
    It's just too bad that Crabby's problem is intellectual dishonesty. Delusional folks are much easier to put up with than dishonest ones.

13. rbell

rbell Active Member

I'm sorry you lack the capability to understand the concept of "examples."

At the risk of you missing the point--again--China isn't a "free country." Think union, but with more folks.

I gave examples of repression. Abortions was one of the most egregious.

Of course, since you seemingly have no problem with abortion (other posts of yours show pretty convincing evidence of this), your whining about it was to be expected.

Sad, but expected.

Oh...and by the way: you have no credibility when it comes to lecturing others about staying on topic.

14. billwald

billwald New Member

China is neither free nor capitalist because many of the biggest companies are owned by the Chinese army.

15. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many, but not all. So capitalism lives.

Many companies in the US, while maybe not government owned in the sense you mean, are totally dependent on the government for their existence. Does that make us not capitalist. I don't think so.

16. rbell

rbell Active Member

And I find it humorous that you apparently have no problem with this...until this thread.

But with all its flaws (and there are plenty)--to compare the US with Red China with regards to free enterprise is stupid, to put it mildly.

17. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You should watch how you throw negative words around. Sometimes they come back to bite you. Informed opinion is so much more enlightening than prejudicial, uninformed opinion.

How is it that most the world knows Chinese economic policy is capitalist and you missed it?

Here, do a bit of reading:

18. billwald

billwald New Member

>Many, but not all. So capitalism lives.

Capitalism sort of lives in every economy and government. It "lived" in the USSR.

19. rbell

rbell Active Member

Read it yourself. I have neither the time nor the inclination to read the ramblings of anarchist idiots. Read them yourself.

How is it that China is horribly repressive when it comes to basic human rights...and you missed it?

Could it be that you'd rather make a political point than be truthful? I would guess so.

Maybe a basic course in ethics would help you out.

20. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have never said that China is great on human rights. In fact if you have read my other posts on China you would know this. As I have said several times, When I was in China I was always very happy I had a US passport and knew I could come home.

Also, the government leaves people pretty much alone as long as they do not engage in political activity the government feels is negative toward them. The come down hard and fast on such people. The government's activities in these areas are really bad.

Your attitude is, "Don't confuse me with the truth, my mind is made up." If you refuse to read then you remain ignorant of what is really going on in the world. Learning is dangerous, it may force you to give up ideas that you have loved.

#60 Crabtownboy, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.