1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

why did God allow Satan to test Job?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by JimboJones, Nov 20, 2004.

1. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

Was this okay when you keep in mind that during this test all his children were killed?
    I really cannot understand this.
    If I encouraged someone else to beat up another person then everybody would say what I did was wrong but when God does it it's okay. I don't get it. How can this be? :confused:
    Somehow it seems to me that God can do whatever he wants and it's always right but to me it doesn't seem right. Job's children could have lived a long life but because of this test they were killed, was this worth it? :(

And now I feel bad for thinking that God might have sinned. Do you think God is angry at me cause I thought about this? But what shall I do when I simply don't feel like this was okay?

2. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

Would God also have allowed Satan to test Job if he had known that Job would not make it and that he would turn against God?
    What if Satan comes to God and asks him to test you would God always say: Okay Satan, do whatever you want....

I dont think this is a pleasant thought. :(

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Everything God does is right - full stop.

From your myriad previous posts and replies you don't really want an answer - you just want to complain about God from your finite human mind.

What do you do?
    Accept that God is smarter than you.

God doesn't have to answer to you or me.

People will post scriptural responses which you will ignore as you have done over and over again.

[ November 20, 2004, 05:50 AM: Message edited by: C4K ]

4. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

You don't understand it!
    I do NOT want to complain! But I really don't understand it.I even feel bad for thinking this stuff but what shall I do? I also find it scary that God simply allows Satan to test somebody. Can you feel safe at all when God simply allows Satan to test people? :(
    Would you have reacted like Job and stayed cool? I don't think I would have been able to cope with this, I would have become angry and would have thought that God has left me. :(

Do you think God is angry at me now?

5. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

I feel really bad.I dont want to criticize God.But what shall I do when my mind tells me that what God did is not okay? It makes me feel miserable and I'm scared that because God knows my thought that he becomes angry at me and maybe loses his patience with me cause it happens so often that I doubt wether God did the right thing. I really wish I wasn't this way. I wish I could simply always think that God is smarter than us and that he knows what to do but somehow it doesn't work. I really don't know how to get rid of this problem. It's a matter of trust I think. Somehow I am always torn between trust and distrust. How is this ever supposed to end? How shall I get closer to God when I don't even really trust him 100%?
    One day I trust him the other day I think about something from the bible and begin to doubt him. :(
    This is no foundation to start a relationship. Why am I not like others which simply accept that what God does is always good? Why can't I simply accept it and leave it with that? Maybe it's because I am simply too distrustful. How shall I ever get rid of this? I have prayed about it but somehow nothing changes.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

It is very simple, as explained ad infintum, I am not as smart as God. I do not try to put Him in my little box and expect Him to act the way I want Him to act. Your constant wilful questioning of God is really getting old. You have to decide who is smarter, you or God?

You clearly don't know your Bible. Job did not "stay cool" all the way through. We wondered and doubted, but his ultimate faith was in the fact that God was right. At the end of the day he did know that God had done the right thing.

Consider God's word today, Jimbo, not for Job, but for you. I am only posting the first part of Job 38 from the NKJV. Take it or leave it Jimbo.

"1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said:
    2 "Who is this who darkens counsel By words without knowledge?
    3 Now prepare yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer Me.
    4 "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding.
    5 Who determined its measurements? Surely you know!
    Or who stretched the line upon it?
    6 To what were its foundations fastened? Or who laid its cornerstone,
    7 When the morning stars sang together, And all the sons of God shouted for joy?
    8 "Or who shut in the sea with doors, When it burst forth and issued from the womb;
    9 When I made the clouds its garment, And thick darkness its swaddling band;
    10 When I fixed My limit for it, And set bars and doors;
    11 When I said, `This far you may come, but no farther, And here your proud waves must stop!'
    12 Have you commanded the morning since your days began, And caused the dawn to know its place,
    13 That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, And the wicked be shaken out of it?
    14 It takes on form like clay under a seal, And stands out like a garment.
    15 From the wicked their light is withheld, And the upraised arm is broken.
    16 Have you entered the springs of the sea? Or have you walked in search of the depths?
    17 Have the gates of death been revealed to you? Or have you seen the doors of the shadow of death?
    18 Have you comprehended the breadth of the earth? Tell Me, if you know all this.

19 "Where is the way to the dwelling of light? And darkness, where is its place,
    20 That you may take it to its territory, That you may know the paths to its home?
    21 Do you know it, because you were born then, Or because the number of your days is great?
    22 "Have you entered the treasury of snow, Or have you seen the treasury of hail,
    23 Which I have reserved for the time of trouble, For the day of battle and war?
    24 By what way is light diffused, Or the east wind scattered over the earth?"

"

7. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

Man I do not doubt on purpose! Read my post above! I wish I could just see it the way you do and then I wouldn't even have these problems. But somehow I always start to try to understand God and then I feel like what he did was not okay from my point of view and simply thinking that it was not okay from my point of view already makes me feel bad cause I know that somehow this cannot be but I also don't know the answer and I also become scared that God is angry because I dare questioning him and then one thing comes to the other and I become totally agitated.
    what if I'll always think this way and think that God has no right to do with us what he wants? what if I simply cannot get rid of this thinking? this is exactly the way atheists think which want to attack God and I think the same way. :(
    what if I fall off my faith because of this? this scares me.

[ November 20, 2004, 06:24 AM: Message edited by: JimboJones ]

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

It is simply because your faith is in your own wisdom - not in God's.

Until you get yourself off the pedastle of your heart and put God there you will have the same problem - sorry friend.

I don't know the motivation behind your posts. I have a hard time accepting that it is a spirit if genuine inquiry, for many folks have shared the truth with you and you simply complain about how God doesn't fit your mould of Deity. I also have considered that possibly you are trying in some way to argue (or point out the fallacy of) the hyper-Calvinsit viewpoint, that unless you are part of God's elect you can do nothing of yourself and that you are destined to hell through no choice of your own.

Sadly though Jimbo, my opinion is that you are simply here to troll this board. I cannot judge your heart though. I would like to think that your search is valid, but just can't see it from you continual postings.

9. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

Is everybody who has problems automatically a troll? :confused:

Do you think I like having these problems? I have prayed about it so often! I am totally aware of it but at the same time I cannot do anything against it. Somehow I have reservations against God. I don't know what the problem is wether it's pride or rebellion or something else.
    I don't know it. Other people have told me that I have a spirit of resistance this is why I thought about the possibility of being demonized which means having demons somewhere in the mind.This would at least be an explanation but most of the people here attacked me when I asked the question about christians having demons.
    I am just trying to find a solution. :(
    If you really think I'm a troll then I'm sorry for you. I divulge things which are really not easy to talk about but I still do it cause I have no other choice. If I don't seek help somewhere then I can't handle all this stuff. It's sad enough that I don't know any christians in real life which I could talk to about my problem. :(

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

If you are serious, PM me or email with your location and I will see if I can find some good Christians in your area who will be able to help you. Can't promise you anything, but I will be happy to look.

11. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Luke 22:31 And the Lord said, "Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. 32 But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren."

12. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

This quote is scary.
    Does this mean Satan wanted Simon to turn away from God? Did he go to God and ask him for Simon or how can I imagine this?

I feel so unworthy cause it seems to me like everybody else does not have these problems which I have. I feel like I'm the most distrustful christian. :(
    And even though I'm aware of the problem I cannot do anything against it. When I think about things then I get these doubtful thoughts and then the whole problems start.
    It's like I'm torn between these thoughts which I cannot disarm cause I don't know what to reply to them. This is why I always have to ask other christians for answers cause I don't have them.
    This is really exhausting. Once I get such thoughts I immediately feel miserable and cannot concentrate on other things. :(
    Once I get such a distrustful thought I feel bad for even thinking it and then I try to somehow answer this thought in a way which disarms it but most of them time I can't cause I don't know what to reply and then I think to myself how I as a christian can even think such stuff and then I feel even worse and then it goes on and on and on and I become more and more despaired.

13. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I don't see it as scary, Jimbo. In fact, it shows a purpose for trials.

Look at it again.

Jesus told Simon (a name that means he who listens or obeys) that Satan had to ask for permission to test him. Jesus promised to make intercession with our Heavenly Father during this time (Simon Peter was going to deny Christ 3 times during the arrest and trial yet Jesus was promising to PRAY FOR SIMON during HIS own trial!) Next Jesus points out that Simon Peter WILL return to Him, which should have consoled Simon Peter in later years. Jesus said WHEN you return to me.... and then a command to 'strengthen your brethren'. Share with others and help them become strong. Tell them of forgiveness and the unending love of God.

You and I go through trials of many sorts, allowed by God, for our own good or in some way to edify our brothers and sisters in Christ. There's always a good reason when God puts us in a trial.

The Bible tells us that TODAY, Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father making constant intercession for His children.

Ro 8:26
    Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Ro 8:27
    Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Ro 8:34
    Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.

Heb 7:25
    Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.

14. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

But somehow I am always scared of losing my faith or falling off. I mean some christians fall off from God. How can you say that this will not happen to you when it happens to others?

15. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I don't understand your term, 'falling off'. Can you explain?

Can doubt and faith co-exist?

16. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

I mean when you fall off your faith.

17. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Fall off faith? Are you implying disbelief in God?

18. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

Falling off your faith can have many reasons.
    Disbelief is one but it can also happen in other ways like simply distrusting God.
    When God becomes strange to you then it's not far to falling off. :(

19. RTG

RTG New Member

the Lord gave,and the Lord hath taken away;blessed be the name of the Lord.Job 1:21 Lo,these are parts of his ways:but how little a portion is heard of him?but the thunder of his power who can understand?Job 26:14 The book of Job sure is a blessing.God bless you Jimbo!

20. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Job 13:15 Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him. Even so, I will defend my own ways before Him.

How can faith and disbelief co-exist??? Distrust??? God become 'strange'???