1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why Did God Save Us??????

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by OSAS, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

God saves because his nature is redemptive; he is the source of life and therefore restores, redeems, and heals that which is broken, lost, and wounded (through Christ's atonement and then through grace by faith), but he does not do this by force.

2. Corry Cox

Corry Cox New Member

Eph 2:4 - 10
    But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved-- and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

God saves us for 'good works' (obedience) for His Glory! God by nature seeks to glorify His Name in all the earth. His mercy on us is to His ultimate Glory because of the 'good works' that He will complete in us.

IMHO that is what scripture teaches.

YIC,
    <><
    cbc

3. PASTOR MHG

PASTOR MHG New Member

AMEN and AMEN Bro. Jim!
    You nailed it on the head as to the "plan of God" for man.
    Preach on Brother!

Max

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because it pleased Him to do so (and we should please our Father in return).

1 Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Ephesians 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will

Psalm 115:3 But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.

Psalm 135:6 Whatsoever the LORD pleased, that did he in heaven, and in earth, in the seas, and all deep places.

Isaiah 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Jonah 1:14 Wherefore they cried unto the LORD, and said, We beseech thee, O LORD, we beseech thee, let us not perish for this man's life, and lay not upon us innocent blood: for thou, O LORD, hast done as it pleased thee.

Matthew 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Matthew 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

Luke 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

John 8:29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

Colossians 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

1 Thessalonians 4:1 Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.

Hebrews 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

1 John 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

Revelation 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

HankD

5. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

And...

"But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such
    to worship Him." John 4:23

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen Jack!

What is such an astonishment (to me anyway) is that the omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent Father seeks such to worship Him.

HankD