1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why did God want to kill this person?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Mar 4, 2007.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Exo 4:22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:
    Exo 4:23 And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me: and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, even thy firstborn.
    Exo 4:24 And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him, and sought to kill him.
    Exo 4:25 Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me.

I just came across this passage and asked myself what's going on and why God wanted to kill this guy in verse 24. :confused:
    And if God wanted to kill him why did he allow himself to be stopped?

2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "The LORD met him, and sought to kill him." is speaking of Moses as he traveled back to Egypt to free the Hebrew people. Zipporah was his wife. Most scholars, I think, see this as an illness of some type that came upon Moses from God because he had not circumcised his male children. Perhaps his wife had refused to allow it, and Moses didn't push her.

As the leader of the Hebrew people, Moses must keep the commandment of circumcision given to Abraham.

peace to you:praying:

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Moses was about to take on the role of leader of the People of Israel.

James 4 "let not many of you seek to become teachers for as such you will incur a stricter judgment".

The leader must also be the example.

BTW - this is a real angel and it is Zipporah reallying fearing for their life - and taking drastic action!

In Christ,

Bob

4. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

xdx, you need to rightly divide those scriptures in the OT and NT that were written to Jews. You can get some great insights into that at the link I previously gave you. Or will you simply ignore it, like you ignore so much else that people try to do to help you? Have you even started on the study of Mark, and then from Acts 9 onward? Or will you just turn on the TV or internet to find some preacher who scares the living daylights out of you? You were bought with a price, xdx. Lean not to your own understanding, but in ALL your ways acknowledge HIM. If that includes taking a simple pill to calm you down, then so be it. Take the pill! You need help, big time. With your language skills and education you could be healthy, wealthy, and wise if you'd just LISTEN once in a while.

Second chance to do something constructive. Don't challenge it, just go with it:

http://www.lesfeldick.org/lesqa.html

:praying: :praying: :praying:

#4 DQuixote, Mar 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2007
  5. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Who did God want to kill? Moses, Moses' son or Zipporah? I'm not quite sure from reading those verses.

Study of Mark? I don't know what you mean. :confused:

6. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

That happens when you ignore responses to your questions.