1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why did you join an IFB?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Justified, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

Amen to that! Out of the majority of the admittedly I.F.B.'s (sounds a little too much like M.I.B.'s) many have sited that they went because they were invited. Myself included. Pretty simple fact that a person would rather visit a place that they've been invited to..at least they know they will be welcome. When people ask why my church's numbers have grown so much, I think it's pretty obvious that It's because we asked them if they would like to come.

Do Southern Baptist's believe in Soul-Winning? I'm asking because I want to know, not because I'm being sarcastic or a trouble maker.

Wisdom Seeker

2. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why do you think Southern Baptist "cooperate" with each other? It's called missions. Missions=Soul-winning. Millions of $ each year go to that so I hope they believe in it.

3. uhdum

uhdum New Member

While I haven't been a member of a IFB church, if God led me to go there, I would. Obviously, God places who He wants in certain churches...even if one may be an IFB and another a SBC!

One thing I have noticed is that most IFB churches tend to be smaller (at least the ones I've been around) and have great fellowship together.