1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why Didn't God....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Matt22:37-39, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Talking principles and concepts. Did God allow suicide to happen? Yes. Did God cause the suicide to happen? Possibly; remember, He hardened Pharoah's heart. Did He know the suicide would happen? Yes. Did He plan the suicide? Makes more sense to me that He planned how to turn that into good, whether we can see how it worked for good or not.

The example of Job is how we react to the situation (the suicide). We can choose to ask why would God allow this; or we can continue to praise Him, knowing that there's a greater plan/purpose than we can understand.

#21 Don, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2013
  2. Matt22:37-39

Matt22:37-39 New Member

OK I get most of them except two.

It may have been you or someone else who used that phrase.."well He hardened Pharaohs heart"...thing is that is very poor example, for one he wasn't saved...two, he hardened his own heart first. And what does suicide and hardening Pharaohs heart have to do with each other?..one is still alive the other dead.

Again the Job example...Job is alive the person who committed suicide is gone. Again very poor example.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Why didn't God put a flower garden where Death Valley is? Why do bad things happen to go people and good things happen to bad people? Who can know the mind of God? The only thing we know is that we see things from our flawed human perspective, and have our own standard of fairlness. We also know that this world is cursed throughout its entrie being by original sin.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Free will!

5. Matt22:37-39

I agree free will too

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Even the most extreme Calvinist for example, believes in free will within the mindset of choosing one evil over another.

7. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

There are things about the Book of Job that bother me, but if I said what, I might get banned.

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe you should have posted that in the op up front instead of playing childish cat and mouse games.

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, that's certainly got me curious....

PM?

10. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Making wise choices is not within the capability of the human free will which is enslaved to the sin nature. We all have it in the totality of our depravity. We know not how to choose wisely without the spiritual discernment which results from being born from above.

The world of religion is filled with unregenerated in all ranks including the top.
    This is evidenced by salvation by works, infant baptism and ecumenism. I left out respect of persons. All of these are wrong choices with far reaching consequences.:tonofbricks:

Now what?

Even so, come Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

11. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The key here is most calvinists would hold that we don nOT have the free will adam was created with from god, as we are now sinners as he became in the fall, and as such, our fallen natures are limited in what they can actually be ftee to choose to do!

12. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lets take this one issue at a time.

What was written in God's book? All of David's days? Nope. All the days that were ordained? Yes. If not all his days were ordained, i.e. only some of them, then this verse provides no support.

Yet another liberal interpretation of the text. David is writing this Psalm as youth or adult, and God knows his thoughts, attitudes, and actions. But in addition, does this passage say God knows everything that will every happen to him? Nope. It says before a word is on his tongue, God knows it all? What is in view. Does all refer to everything imaginable or to the thought David is about to express in spoken words. The whole thought.

The two passages do not address whether or not God has ordained (predestined) our physical death.

Sometimes yes, but sometimes no. Things happen by chance, a person could die of a heart attack while jogging to keep himself or herself in shape, or be run over by a truck.

While this statement is biblical and true, the prior exegetical effort is without merit.

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God knows exactly when and how i will pass away, and thatHis sovereign control over that gives me great hope, for nothing happens that he did not know and was aware of, and that is beyonf him to affect or change IF he so chooses too!

And when He knows its the best time to go on, we go on!

14. Matt22:37-39

Why, it is wrong to get people to THINK?

15. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

"Why Didn't God....Stop Thomas Kincaid and Matthew Warren (Rick Warrens son) from committing suicide?"

Because God gave us a freewill to choose. He put the power of life and death in our mouths. The devil came to kill steal and destroy, and unfortunately that is what Thomas did, he listened to Satan.

16. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's As Good.....

...an explanation as I've heard yet! :applause:

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God allowed mankind to fall, ans as a result, we are born as sinners, who freely chose to keep on sinning, and there is NO such thing as our words having power, our faith creating realities for us, that is the cultic word of faith jargon!

FR better to take the biblcial approach of trusting in god and Him to do what needs to get done for us, NOT in our "powers of the faith Force!"

God is Sovereign, and He will accomplish his will and will not need our "positive confessions!"

18. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pitchback

Your personal beliefs may be valid, but rather than take your word for it, why not present from scripture why you believe what you believe. Lots of folks believe mistaken things based on liberal interpretations of scripture.

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    satan HAD to go to god in order to attack job , and try to get hiom to sin against god, same for peter!

that is our assurance, that whatever comes into our lives as believers, God allowed all things to happen, and he has predestined to somehow it work in the end work out for us...

20. mactx

mactx New Member

It is called free choice.
    God has a plan, we however end to muck it up.
    We can choose to live in Him or ignore Him.
    He did not create us to be mindless drones. He wants us to choose Him. He doesn't want us to come to Him because of fear or compulsion.