1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

why do my mp3s sound odd?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Aki, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Aki

Aki Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    i bought these four christian albums on cd audio and then converted them to mp3s with my pc.

when i play the mp3s in my pc it sounds fine. but when i play it with my portable mp3 player there is this odd voice, as if a second voice, which is like an echo. it's really iritating.

but with cd audios, my mp3 player would play fine. i don't know if the problem is in my mp3 player or in the settings i put in my mp3 converter.

any ideas?

2. JamesJ

JamesJ New Member

Hi Aki,

I have ripped many CDs and have not heard exactly what you describe but have noticed something too.

My situation is sometimes, in the space between songs, I can hear part of some other song playing at a low volume. I have determined that my MP3 CDs do this when I use Direct CD to copy the MP3 files to the blank CD. I have stopped using Driect CD and use the EZ CD Writer instead. That fixes my problem.

Could you give us more detail about your software and your settings? How do you burn the MP3 tracks to CD? Do you use "one track at a time" or some other method?

Maybe... in the meantime, try your CD on another, different kind of player to eliminate that part of the problem. Then, try another MP3 CD from someone else on your player.