1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why do some people do things like this?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by following-Him, Jul 3, 2004.

1. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

2. LauraB

LauraB New Member

*WARNING TO ALL - THIS LINK SHOWS A VERY GRAPHIC PHOTO OF AN ELDERLY WOMAN BEATEN.*

You should warn people of the nature of the link you provided. I myself would not have liked to see that if I knew what it is.

How can people do that? That's a question we will always be asking ourselves. Non-Born-Again Christians who have alot of strikes against them to begin with, IE. of the flesh, sinner, no conscience, no sympathy, no GOOD upbringing.

I see things like this all the time around me. Old people being taken advantage of, beaten for a lousy social security check. It is so sad I know. To think these poor older people have worked hard all their lives, raised their families, fought in wars just to have their dignity taken from them by thugs.

Not only the elderly either. People who do this are the devils work. Not humane in no way and needs to have Christ in their heart.

It is a very very sad thing that no one will ever have an answer to excpt Jesus Christ.

3. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Cowardice.

4. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Laura,

I am sorry you were offended by the link I posted. I am afraid that sadly this is a part of the real world we are living in and even as Christians we can't escape facts like these. I don't think this elderly victim would like to be thought of as offending people by how she looks. She is the one that is suffering. She is the one who is the victim.

Sheila

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We just had a man kill his wife, daughter, and shoot his son (who lived).

It's sad that nothing that happens today surprises me anymore. It makes me wonder how the world will be when my son grows up.

6. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

7. LauraB

LauraB New Member

Following him. It did not offend me, I have seen much worse than this. I live 1 mile from the inner city and where I live is not much better. But I was warning people who are queasy about this sort of thing. I felt it was the right thing to do.

I know even as Christians we can not be sheltered from the "Real" world as you put it. Trust me I have had an abundance of "REAL" world. So you are nto telling me anything I do not already know. I have seen, been invloved and heard many violent things in my lifetime.

I just wanted to do the right thing and warn others what that link led to.

LauraB