1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why do the CONs want to withold Medical Care from those who need it?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by alatide, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Who said this? And why didn't Christ heal everyone? Seems like Christ's values are different than yours. First, he didn't say thing that weren't true, and second, he didn't heal everyone and he didn't give them everything that he could have given them.

Many of us have repeatedly pointed out that everyone has access to health care.

And who is this referring to?

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

Everyone in this country already can recieve medical care.
    Why don't these people get jobs?
    Some would rather continue free hand outs to those who do not want to work, sit on their butts all day and watch tv, smoke and drink.
    Nothing biblical about that.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because, if they get a job, they may loose their Medicaid (if that is still the case)

Also, I was laid off several years ago from my full time job. I went down to get unemployment, I was denied because, I had a 6 hour part time job on Saturday. Maybe I should have lied about the part time job - I'm sure many do. - if Unemployment still has that policy

#23 Salty, Aug 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2009
  4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which teaching is that?

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    NO WE ARE NOT!
    We just believe it is NOT the governments job to do so. I am in favor of churches, and social agy's doing so - esp with a minimum of govt interference.

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

The difference between health care and health insurance has been described in full.

Feel free to ask if you have trouble understanding the big words.

7. rbell

rbell Active Member

unfortunately, CTB thinks that God can't help people unless He gets an assist from the government.

Sad.

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rbell,
    May I use your quote on my website?

9. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

10. alatide

alatide New Member

I have a friend on disability. He improved somewhat and did some volunteer work for the Salvation Army. He was unpaid but the government deducted the amount of money he might have been paid from his disability. I realize this sounds incredible but I know it to be true. Now he tells me he simply cannot afford to live.

11. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I was a paramedic, I remember went you went into Zurbrug (sp?) Hospital's ER, there was a big sign right by the door that explained that you could NOT be denied care due to inability to pay.

12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Knowing our govt, I believe it.

13. alatide

alatide New Member

Let's say you had a heart attack and the ER doctor recommended that you be admitted to a hospital because your life was in danger due to a threat of a second heart attack. You're asking me why does it matter if you can be admitted? Think through this situation.

14. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But Jesus also said, "Inasmuch as you have lobbied the government to feed the least of these, you have done it unto Me". Or, at least that's what Obama says.

15. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I take it you haven't been in an emergency room lately. Waiting for hours is common, regardless of your ability to pay.

Define "easily".

If they're that poor, why haven't they applied for Medicaid?

Again, everybody waits for hours. That's not a lack of insurance issue, that's just the nature of hospital emergency rooms.

Um...are you listening to what you're saying? What you call "general hospitals" are usually run by the government. If the government cannot give good care in that situation, then why do you want them to run the entire health care system?

Ever been into a VA hospital? When I was a paramedic, I routinely had to take patients to VA hospitals and military hospitals like Walston Army Hospital and the Philadelphia Naval Hospital. Government run hospitals are notorious for bad care and terrible conditions. So why do you want the same people who can't run them to be in charge of the whole industry?

16. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Crabtrollboy, could you please show us where Christ said that it's the responsibility of the state to take over health care?

17. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    HR3200 IMO is not about making medical help available to "more" people but less people in terms of actual life sustaining care while under the guise of covering all people.

Take the Bill in one hand and Dr. Immanuel's writings in the other.
    Read them.

You will find that 20-40 is the optimum age range for prioritized health care. Pre-kindergarten children, special needs persons (Down's syndrome)and the elderly would be prioritized at the lowest end of the spectrum because of "limited social investment" value.

Help me here someone, anyone, with this abstract from HR3200 (it would help to first read pages 424-432 (SEC. 1233. ADVANCE CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION) of this convoluted bill in the section concerning "end of life" and "ESRD (End Stage Renal Disease").

"(I) ensures such orders are standardized and uniquely identifiable throughout the State;
    (II) distributes or makes accessible such orders to physicians and other health professionals that (acting within the scope of the professional’s authority under State law) may sign orders for life sustaining treatment;
    (III) provides training for health care professionals across the continuum of care about the goals and use of orders for life sustaining treatment"

The question I have is from reading these pages is why is it necessary for the signed order to be for "life sustaining treatment"? In other words the default treatment for ESRD will now be to let them die and "life sustaining treatment (such as kidney dialysis)" would necessitate a written order.

One might say that this is what is already required for ESRD. Right now the standard treatment prescribed by most doctors is dialysis (or you can find one who will prescribe dialysis), However after the bill passes, the government will be running the life-death prescription lottery. Prove that wrong from HR3200. This bill (IMO) is carefully word-smithed and grammar-crafted to avoid inflammatory terms such as "abortion", "euthanasia", "rationing", etc.

In another section it is stated that the Secretary of Health would draw up a document outlining standard treatments for diseases including ESRD.

That alone should be a blinking red light. This bill needs to be thrown out until the government in a multi-partisan way (I am an Independent) spells out exactly what they mean with no second-guessing required.

Yes everyone will be mandated for (not provided for) under 1 of 3 categories 1) abortion (already legalized), 2) prioritized and/or rationed healthcare or 3) "death with dignity" (already legalized in 2 states).

HankD

#37 HankD, Aug 22, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  18. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I dont know much about other VA's, but the Syracuse,NY VA has always given me excellent care.
    I have gone to the emergency room a number of times, and I can honestly say that I have never had to an unreasonable amount of time. I might add that my reason for going was not a matter of life or death- Just some "minor" things like cutting my hand (they did say it was a good thing I came in though.)

interesting article

19. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Wasn't that the practice started by Michelle Obama and Obama advisor Axelrod at the University of Chicago Hospital Emergency Room?

20. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Only a Marxist would insist that it is the federal governments job to provide medical care. If some of the mega churches would stop building palaces perhaps they could provide a little help to those who need it.